Hepl needed please

emmy1983

Reaction score
Charlie is on his third week of solids i have been following Annabel Karmels book i have introduced my own pureed fruit and veg with no problems at all.
The last couple of days he has been refusing to eat any fruits or veg, why would he suddenly stop?
I tried him with a yougurt which he ate no problem and he ate a mashed up rusk.
I dont want him just having a sweet tooth but i am worried about him not eating enough after being used to have 2 meals a day?
Has anybody else had similar problems? Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks

maybe you could start just by giving him babyrice again andthen start to add the veg and fruit back in with the rice. or maybe give him finger foods instead so he isnt missing out.

I've been weaning Lewis for around 10/11 weeks now and I've had this same problem twice. Both times he's eaten a little porridge and yogurts without a problem but refused fruit or veg. At first I thought it was because I'd made the food to lumpy or that he had developed a sweet tooth but it turns out that he was teething. After 2 or 3 days he went right back to eating normally.

Could your LO be teething?? Could the food be a little lumpy?? If you're worried about the amount of food he's not eating then maybe increase his milk by an ounce (if you'd decreased it). You could also try giving him his own spoon to play with whilst you're feeding him. If Lewis is being fussy I try giving him the bowl (as long as the food isn't to runny) and when he realises he can't get the food out without a spoon he lets me give him a couple of mouthfuls. Sneaky but it works!!:rofl:

Hope things improve for you.

Thanks for your reply we have had lots of dribble and fists in his mouth for a while now hopefully i can put it down to teething.
Things might be looking up he ate apple and baby rice for tea no problems fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->