• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Here again.....

ItsAWonder

Reaction score
When I was 20 I had an unplanned pregnancy. After I realized there was fetal demise I was a bit relieved even though it was sad.

At 36 I had two back to back losses. One early and my body took care of it naturally, and one was a MMC which turned into a month long, complicated scenario. It began with pills as I was with a doctor who refused a d&c. I was far enough along that I should not have been offered the pills and, in the end, she was almost reported to the medical board by the doctor that took over my case.

Then I finally had a healthy and beautiful little girl.

I thought, after that, surely my body knew what it was doing and all would be okay with my next pregnancy.

Yeah, right.

I only ttc for two months and low and behold I was pregnant!

At my 6 weeks scan (b/c I am high risk) we saw two yolk sacs but nothing more. Twins, yikes! We were told to wait one week.

At my scan yesterday we still only saw two yolk sacs but they have grown abnormally large. My hormones are still rising but this is not viable - at least we are 98% sure.

I have another scan next Thursday. If it does show a fetus or two then, with the enlarged yolks, we are looking at possible chromosomal abnormalities.

At this point I wish something would confirm the loss. I was hoping, after a 7w3d scan w/out fetal poles, to hear that my hormones were declining so I could move on. If there was a chance of a successful pregnancy sure, I would love it to progress, but it's not viable, we just can't confirm it.

After my next scan in 9 days I asked my doctor to book me for a d&c so I can finally begin to heal.

The waiting game has to be the worst part of all of this. I wish that a doctor could say with 100% surety that yes a pregnancy is healthy and strong or it's not viable and there is no room for error.

Why can't they be psychic???? :growlmad:

So sorry to hear this :( was following your other thread xxx

So sorry to hear this. Really hope you get the answers you're looking for, with a 100% surety. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->