here's a thought..............

glitterqueen

Reaction score
ok so i need to lose some weight-especially after a month of ivf drugs!!! so my mum did slimming world and loast 2 stone problem is there are a lot of low fat and foods containing asparteme in the diet which aren;t good for fertility but would it be better to drop a few stone for fertility? all thoughts, ideas welcome

i'd say lose the weight; that's more healthy for you in the long run and will increase your chances of successful IVF

stick to fresh fruit, veg, lean meats and other low fat proteins (cottage cheese, low fat youghurt etc)

cereals are very healthy and fortified with vitamins good for fertility

you may be able to get away with very little 'supermarket' low fat foods

good luck
x

Hey Glitterqueen!

How does ivf cause such weight gain?!!!! I have put on almost a stone since starting in April and now 3 cycles on it is really making me cross (I am eating a cookie as I write this so not cross enough to do something about it obviously!!!)

I agree with Mrs RH, probably trying to eat fresh and simple and avoiding processed stuff would be best. Do you plan your meals for the week? Are you keen on exercising?

xx

Hey Glitterqueen!

How does ivf cause such weight gain?!!!! I have put on almost a stone since starting in April and now 3 cycles on it is really making me cross (I am eating a cookie as I write this so not cross enough to do something about it obviously!!!)

I agree with Mrs RH, probably trying to eat fresh and simple and avoiding processed stuff would be best. Do you plan your meals for the week? Are you keen on exercising?

xx

HI!!
I used to teach aerobics etc but i have fibromyalgia so exercise is restricted. Also strangely enough i did nutrition at uni kniw exactly what i should eat but just crave carbs- definately all hormone related. i thiught i was just comfort eating during ivf but i have been really good for about 4 weeks and didn't lose a pound so it has to be the drugs. i sort of plan meals and i cook most nights so don't eat processed foods but do crave complete crap when af is due lol xx

Wow! Very impressed with the teaching of aerobics. I have attended many, MANY aerobics classes over the years but never seemed to make it even half way through without collapsing in a heap at the back!! I have recently taken to running, there is a really nice park near our house, but only go at my own pace so not getting any thinner or fitter :haha:

Not sure what fibromyalgia is but sounds sore.

You are lucky to only crave rubbish when AF is due. I eat it all month long - at 34 I honestly thought I would have grown out of it by now!

I am being of no constructive help here but very nice to chat with you all the same :flower: xx

Avoid asparteme, there are many other ways to loose weight besides eating that crap, its a toxin and has so many adverse health effects. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Wow! Very impressed with the teaching of aerobics. I have attended many, MANY aerobics classes over the years but never seemed to make it even half way through without collapsing in a heap at the back!! I have recently taken to running, there is a really nice park near our house, but only go at my own pace so not getting any thinner or fitter :haha:

Not sure what fibromyalgia is but sounds sore.

You are lucky to only crave rubbish when AF is due. I eat it all month long - at 34 I honestly thought I would have grown out of it by now!

I am being of no constructive help here but very nice to chat with you all the same :flower: xx
and very nice to chat yo you too xx i think basically we are all the same and by the way don't be too imporessed by the aerobics, i couldn't even watch a class now without getting out of breath lol xx

Avoid asparteme, there are many other ways to loose weight besides eating that crap, its a toxin and has so many adverse health effects. I try to avoid it at all costs.

I totally agree thats why i had doubts about the slimming world, weightwatchers etc so i am just using the fresh recipies they give, think i was just looking for an easy way out for sugar fixes lol !! will stick to honey

Hey Glitter - you could still do weigthwatchers but just stay away from the low fat foods (i know that means more points but you could have less of the full fat stuff - like if a full fat yogurt is 3 points just eat half each day (and add more fruit to it to bulk it up a bit). And have loads of veg with dinner etc - and for a sweet fix have the meringue nests filled with fresh strawberries and a dollop of creme fraishe (full fat stuff - just have less of it). And have rich tea biscuits along with your cuppa (think they are only 0.5points or 1.5 for 2 biccies.

Weight watchers is a good way to drop a few lbs (ive done it a few times).

Good luck - im currently trying to drop a dress size for christmas - id rather be gaining a few dress sizes (as in get pregnant) but that aint gonna happen any time soon.

:thumbup:

hey reba
ho r u? dieting sucks!! i am 'healthy eating' lo but not this weekend as i got bfn so pig out reADY for monday restart! xx

Ah glitter so sorry to hear that :hugs: - this sucks big time.

Onwards and upwards.... we can do it!!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->