Hermes Help, What Can I Do?

BabyHill

Mum & Wife <3
Reaction score
Feeling really anxious about this, I ordered a vintage Star Wars ship for lo from eBay and they sent via Hermes. They tried to deliver the other day and left a note to say it was in the shed, but my shed door was wide open (usually the padlock is on the hinge to stop it opening in the wind but that's missing too, nothing else is and its full) so I emailed them asking if it had been taken back to depot as it definitely wasn't in the shed but I could see the shed had been accessed.

They've just replied saying it was delivered to shed, sorry I couldn't find it and put the query as solved! I've not yet emailed the eBay seller but I'm not sure where I stand, I've paid for something I haven't got, Hermes seem to be not at all bothered, the seller isn't at fault and I'm wondering what to do next? Anyone any advice?

Next step start a new claim with my here's, you may need a police crime number too because the goods have effectively been stolen. contact the ebay seller, tell them about the situation and ask for their assistance in the claim. As the purchaser of postage and the seller they are liable to get the goods to you, they should really be handling this but I know as a seller myself it's easier if everyone cooperates and they back up your claim with my hermes that it's not arrived. Also did you say they could leave it in your shed? That's the main thing Id be concerned about, whether there were permissions to leave in a safe place.

You will probably have to open a case with the eBay seller. As they have the responsibility to ensure that the item arrives with you safely. They will be able to open a case with Hermes and get a refund for the package as it was not safely delivered. It will be a pain in the backside and may be a struggle but the only way you will get anywhere with this.

Thank you for the replies, no i have never had a package left in the shed and to be honest didn't even realise it was unlocked (dh's domain!) so she must have just had a nosey through the back. It will have been my usual Hermes lady who is lovely so I really don't want to get her in trouble either. I don't know why she didn't just leave it with a neighbour. I can't imagine opening a case will go my way if the seller is uncooperative as it does say delivered to shed safe place. They gave me the tracking number and we must have just missed her as it says the exact time we leave each day for nursery.

Paypal will not side with a seller if it was 'left in a shed' on the dispute. It will almost always side with the buyer on that so you would have good standing if you put in a claim

Thanks, I don't want to jump in and put in a claim but it's a last resort of i need it. I'll have to message the seller this afternoon and let them know what's happened and email Hermes again as they don't seem to have a number! Cannot believe they'd just apologise for me not receiving it and put the ticket as solved, so rude!

I would open a claim with eBay as well as my Hermes. You should get your money back (providing you didn't list the shed as a safe place option).

I ordered a Hoover a few years ago and it was delivered to a neighbour (one we do not really know and are known as not being very neighbourly) anyway when I went to get my parcel they claimed nothing was delivered to them. Several calls later to the courier and the seller and they couldn't investigate so I got my money back, a lot of faf to be honest and I am sure it was the neighbour who took it and not the delivery driver.

From my knowledge these delivery drivers are paid on a per parcel basis, if they can't deliver they don't get paid, therefore they leave with neighbours, in sheds, porches etc. I've also had a parcel left outside in the rain!

I have told my regular driver and he will not leave with neighbours and I have put a sign on my door too! (I order way too much online)

Long post I know but it does annoy me. Hope it gets sorted for you

That's awful! Really don't know how people can be so brazen to do that.

I've been out with the kids all day so haven't had chance to message any of them yet but not sure what to even say to the seller, I can't imagine they'd want to refund me and chase it up but to be honest I just don't have time myself and don't see that I should have to? But then again the seller did everything they needed to. I don't have any designated safe places, certainly didn't give the shed as one.

Bloody pita! X

If you didnt ask for them to leave it in the shed then they dont have a leg to stand on! You should be refunded but what an inconvenience x

**update**

So the response I had from Hermes was to dispute with the seller and they would investigate and refund them if the package was deemed as not delivered to me, as in to my house with me signing for it. So I contacted the seller who said it showed as delivered to my property so she wasn't going to help. I ended up opening a case after my polite attempts were met with 'it's there so I don't need to do anything' and today I escalated the claim as again the seller was responding in the case with nothing more than she wouldn't help and they have decided not to refund me, even with Hermes correspondence as evidence they would refund her and not me. I left factual negative feedback which has been removed as well.

I'm not happy but it wasn't a huge amount.

I think you should contact paypal. Paypal requires sellers to have proof of delivery. If you did not sign for it, they can't have a genuine proof of delivery. They may have a correspondence from the courier company claiming they delivered it, but it will not have your signature on.
I really don't think you should let this lie, purely on the principle. It is very $41tty of the seller not to contact the courier company for you. From experience the courier company will not deal with you, they will only deal with the seller, because that is who their contract is with.

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I had an order from
Smyths the other day and asked for it to be left with a neighbour. Came home and my side gate was wide open and the parcel on my back door step!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->