He's here Ladies! :crib:

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Some of you commented on my previous induction post.

He's here! My little boy Jaxon was born 11/04 at 09:28am.

My induction process started on 09/04 for severe SPD and his frequent reduced feral movements. 1st gel I was at 1-2cm, 6 hours later 2nd gel was put in. Still 1-2 cervix was so far back they couldn't get to it without causing me agonising pain. I then has to wait 24 hours before I could have the 3rd gel. Annoying when you've been active and bouncing on the ball ALL DAY.

10/04 12:30pm the 3rd gel was inserted. AGAIN still 1-2, cervix not budging or reachable. NO change even after being up all night bouncing and keeping mobile (couldn't sleep because of the SPD pain, I was given Pethadine to see if that helped as I was already on 60mg cocodamol and 50mg tramadol that did absolutely nothing) but that was useless too!
Later on in the evening my actual consultant came to see me. I haven't seen him throughout my entire pregnancy only his minions. I spoke to him again about having a section instead because I could barely open my legs for examinations and after being man handled at each check it was getting even more intensely painful at the next examination. AGAIN it was laughed off :growlmad: he asked the Midwife to examine me again and see where we were now.
Examination happened and I was now 3-4cm, cervix still not moving. Contractions barely noticeable. But it was not time to go to delivery and break my waters.

2 lovely midwives on delivery, both tried and failed to break my waters. With my cervix being so far back, not being able to open my legs enoufh and the sheer pain of them trying made them go and get another doctor to ask about a section again.
I thought having a lady doc now she'd be more understanding. She said i could have the epidural before they broke them. She was foul. Made me feel like utter shit with her 'you've got this far why give up and fail now' and the more she repeated that line the more my brain fried with anger. If I hadn't of told her to leave I would probably be locked up for GBH right now I just wanted to swing for her!

Moving on, Epidural was put in. RELIEF AT LAST. I could open my legs and not feel a thing. It was fab! The Aneathesist was brilliant and made me feel so much calmer.
My waters were then broken with a gush that seemed to go on forever :haha: I was starting to contract and everything seemed to be going great.

11/04 7:30am the 2 lovely midwives did their last examination 8cm! Yay! FINALLY, said goodbye as their shift had ended and 2 more came in. 1 that id had on induction and I disliked a little because I thought she was arsey as hell and her approach to labouring women didn't help them feel at ease at all. She examined me again and again and again during the next couple of hours telling me she could feel baby but there was a thick cervix still in his way. Contractions started slowing to the point of nothing and baby's heart rate kept dipping slightly. But they weren't concerned. My Epi drip then decided to break and leak out. So now I'm drugless! And it's waring off and im feeling the pain in my hips like I've never felt it before. The pressure of baby being So far down was torture. Every contraction, even though they were not strong was dipping babies heartbeat. So they checked me again and I was fully cervix still 'thick' though. Pushing started, Every push baby's heartbeat slowed so they got the docs in. They both tried to stimulate my contractions with examinations but again with pushing baby's heart slowed again and again and again. Around 9:10 they said it's time to help you along, baby is not happy and you are exhausted. FORCEPS. FORCEPS! The word hit my brain like a hammer. Nope. Noway. (My friends baby was born by forceps and they fractured his skull so bad he had to have surgery at 2 weeks old to pop his skull back into place as it was badly dented) I LOST MY SHIT. It's not happening. NO way on this planet. Then came the panic attack from hell. I can't breath. 'Cut him out like I fxxkin told you to countless times before!! There's gotta be another way!' But no, he was in the canal. It was too late to section. So I had no choice to pull myself together and get him out using forceps. 09:22 In they went, I'm having heart failure. I can feel everything and it's absolute murder, being pulled apart by 2 midwives to put my legs in stirrups and the doc inserting the forceps. NOT TO MENTION THE EPISIOTOMY! I thought they used a scalpel not scissors! SWEET HOLY HELL! He started pulling with my next contraction and I have never experienced pain like that in my life. I screamed fxck! Stop! Stop! STOP! He carried on. The midwives and my partner sternly telling me to push as baby wasn't coping at all. 2 pushes later out came his head. THAT CERVIX was in fact the cord double wrapped round his neck. Next push out he came. He cries then the crying stopped and he started gasping and choking and gasping more and more for breath. They were rubbing him while he was lying on me and watching his wide eyes stare at me while he was gasping was an image I'll never forget.
In rushed the baby doctors who scooped him up so quickly they took about a half metre of cord with them. 5 mins it took for them to fix him. That seemed like hours of me thinking my delay in letting them start the forceps had killed him.

But he was fine! He was so small. I'd been expecting a big baby. 7lb 3 little midget of a boy :blush:

Thanks for keeping me sane this week ladies.

Congrats! Sorry it was all so difficult! I hope you are just enjoying your baby now!

Oh hun what an ordeal, this hospital sounds absolutely dreadful. What is important now is that your beautiful little baby is here and in no time all the pain will start to fade. Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoy your bundle! Congratulations hun xx

Wow that was scary but main thing is that he is here now and safely in your arms! Way to hang in there, good job momma! Enjoy your sweet little Jaxon!!!!!

It won't let me upload a pic for some reason. Everything is 'files too large '

Congratulations!! Love his name!! I have a Jaxon too but it's spelt Jackson. Enjoy your new baby. Such a worthwhile reward for the last 9 months <3

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you had a traumatic experience :hugs:

Congratulations!! But wow they certainly put you through it!! Glad all was ok in the end and hopefully your not in to much discomfort.

Zoom in a little on the picture and retake it on your phone that normally does the trick. Xx

Congratulations! I hope you have a smooth recovery.

Seriously consider entering a complaint about your care, especially your consultant. Say you were not treated in your best interests. Multiple requests for a CS and refusal of interventions were ignored leading to mental and physical trauma that was completely unnecessary.

Congratulations!!

I’m sorry you didn’t have a more pleasant birth experience.

Thank you for sharing! Sounds rough but so glad he's here!!

Oh my goodness, I think you should consider putting in a complaint, they should of listened to your requests, you got your baby but that’s not all that matters.. your rights matter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->