He's here

teal

Reaction score
My little boy was born on the 3rd March, weighing in at 8lbs 11oz.

There was meconium in my waters so I was transferred from the midwife led unit to the high risk unit in the next hospital. I was devastated, I had my heart set on a water birth but ended up strapped to a monitor - one of my biggest fears.

Ended up an emergency forceps delivery due to distress. The cord was wrapped twice around his neck and once around his body. Episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. Three hours in theatre being stitched up.

He's worth it all :cloud9:

We were taken back into hospital on Sunday afternoon because he had lost 12% of his birth weight. I felt awful because he hadn't been getting enough from me. The midwives thought there was a delay in my milk coming in after a difficult birth and I'd lost a lot of blood. We were discharged (again) yesterday afternoon and last night went so much better with the breastfeeding.

Here is my gorgeous boy.

what a handsome lil man, congrats hunni. Sorry it never went to plan for you, but pleased you are home now x

Congratulations Teal....a difficult birth, but soo worth it xxx enjoy ur baby boy x

Awwww Teal he is gorgeous!! love his cute spikey hair :) Hope the breastfeeding is still going ok and you're recovering fine :hugs:

Oh my gosh Teal how strange, same date and birth weight of our babies and my boy too had the cord wrapped round his neck.

Well done you, you sounded to have a really hard time but he is totally worth it and absolutely beautiful :D Congrats!xx

Congratulations.. i know what you were going through.. i had to have forceps and had a episiotomy and 3rd degree tear AND babys cord was wrapped around his neck. Was very wierd reading your birth story with it being quite similar to my experiance. He is adorable though hun :)

Congratulations - he is adorable :) I'm so happy for you!!

xxx

Aww congrats :) My little Gabriel also had a wrapped cord but around his nose and also his neck.
Obviously I LOVE his name :)

Many congratulations! Your little man is gorgeous and so is his name! xx

awww teal what a star, you did so well. Gabriel is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->