Hey. Drug/medication feedback?

Anon010696

Reaction score
Hello ladies!!! After a LOT of irregularity issues I decided to go onto a pill to regulate my cycle before I fully TTC. Had nexplanon removed march the 2nd 2016 and have only had one AF since.

Went to OBGYN today. They perscribed me Medroxyprogesterone for ten days to jump start my periods.(Anyone taken this? or something similar)

I also have some BCPS to take afterwards to regulate me.

In office pregnancy test was negative so these pills are safe to take.

Feedback?

Hey Anon! I was on medroxyprogesterone (also known as Provera). I was on it since I wanted to TTC and hadn't had a period in 6 years. I was prescribed 10mg for 14 days. Here's my experience...

You are suppose to take Provera after ovulation. Seeing as I didn't have a cycle in so long my gyn went ahead and gave me it anyway. 10 days on the pill and I ovulated. The pill is not good to be taken during pregnancy but after discussing with my gyn we went ahead with it as any possible chances were very, very slim.

I took it for the remaining 4 days, totalling 14 days of taking it. On day 14 my breasts were aching, I had terrible cramps. My period arrived 3 days later. [Note: After taking your last pill of Provera, your period will start between 1-14 days later.] Mine started at 3 days because I hadn't had it in so long. The longer you've been without it the quicker it will show up.

Provera periods are a living hell. I don't want to scare you, just getting you prepared. I called my gyn and a nurse and their advice was "Don't leave the house!" I use to have heavy periods but NOTHING like this. I had a bit of spotting the night prior and then it was instantly heavy. I would go through a super absorbent tampon and pad about every 45 minutes. Just to give you an idea. So if you can stay home, I advise it. The cramps left about a day after the period started. The period lasted 8 days but can last up to 14 days, most common is between 8-10 days I read.

After taking Provera I ovulated on cd14 (This isn't always the case. Provera doesn't cause ovulation, if anything it prevents it). I can't tell you if I got pregnant that cycle or not as I'm currently on cd33 of it! I use to be 28 day cycles when I did have a period. With that said, provera appears to not have regulated me at all. I find out tomorrow if I'm pregnant, and if not I will be going on another 14 days of provera.

Yea everyone kept telling me to prepare for the period from hell. Im supposed to take one 10mg pill once a day for 10 days. Let the games begin I suppose

Thanks. Took the first pill 26 mins ago. This is going to be one interesting ride. How was your mood when on this medication?

I can't personally comment on mood while on provera since I am on antidepressants. However, one of the gals on another forum I'm in on here did have a lot of mood swings with Provera. "Bitchiness" seems to be a common one...

Lovely lol. I thought that might be case. Im locking myself in my apartment with ice cream for the next 10 days.

Not sure if I was given that or the Pestrogene to jump start mine a few years ago. I think it was that though... (same thing? idk).

I got mine 4 days after I finished and wanted to -die-.

It hurt. Bloody. Hadnt had a period in 10 months. I had to take it again, second time when it didnt come.

After that, my periods came, if a bit irregulary.

DAY 2 - I didnt think Id have symptoms so soon but this medication is making me cramp to the point of tears.

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this. :(

It's been a while and I don't remember any physical symptoms. However, I do remember being very "ragey" on it. I refused to take it ever again because the bitchiness was unbearable.

I finally finished the course and I swaer I was/am so bitchy my fiance is holding his breath trying not to agigtate me more. Now I wait for the withdrawel period from hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->