HG has reared her ugly head

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I suffered HG with my first and second baby, and was so grateful not to have it with my third.
I’ve spent the last two days in bed with absolutely no energy, feeling sick to my stomach, can barely eat and whatever I do eat I bring back up. Being dehydrated has given me a pounding headache.
I am absolutely miserable. My husband doesn’t get it. I honestly can’t pull myself out of bed and my kids need me. I know there is really nothing that can be done but please share your tips anyway because I’ll literally try anything at this point.

Hi BreeLizabeth

I had Hyperemesis with my first and it didn't go till I was about 18/19 weeks .
I was so bad I couldn't keep anything down , including water . I was lucky I had a great gp at the time and because I was getting so dehydrated she prescribed me something , it began with C , but it was so long ago now I can't remember.
I am sat here waiting for the sickness to start again, I'll be 6 weeks Saturday, that seems to be the point it starts for me.
Please don't feel you can't go to the doctor , or take anything for this , it is a severely debilitating condition and should be taken seriously.

Oh no hon. Have u spoken to ure doctor they can put u on medication to help?

I've never had it so don't know what it's like.
I just feel sick but haven't been sick.

U poor thing sending hugs

That sounds horrendous :( I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Do speak to your doctor or midwife ASAP, they can prescribe meds that can ease the worst of it. And try to keep eating and drinking, even if it won't stay down, anything you can get into you will benefit you and little one. So sorry you don't seem to have the support you need right now though. If it's been a couple of days and you can't even hack water and know you are dehydrating, it might be time for a trip to A&E for fluids?

Are you in UK? Because even despite lockdown you can make a 'support bubble' for childcare reasons, so maybe there's a friend or relative you can lean on for a bit to help with the kiddies? Don't know about the rules elsewhere but fairly sure medical problems count as 'exceptional circumstances' - so get some practical help wherever you can. Remember this will eventually pass, so keep counting the days and weeks down: but until then you do need help, reach out and ask for it.

Sorry you're having such a rough time of it.

Definitely speak to a doctor ASAP, I put off speaking to mine even when I felt shocking and almost ended up being admitted to hospital it got so bad, the sooner they get on top of it the better.

I never had it with DD1 or DD2 so took me my surprise. Don’t be afraid to tell them if meds aren’t working either I tried about 6 different ones before they found the right ones that’s helped a little. I still feel nausea most days but I can eat like normal most of the time.

sending hugs :hugs:

Hi. I'm 8.5w gone with baby #5 and a fellow HG sufferer. I've had it in every pregnancy right through til birth so I definitely know how you feel.

In my experience, the sooner you get help the better. So if you are reaching crisis point where you can't function and are struggling to keep things down, you should definitely contact your gp. They are there to help.

I'm on 2 types of medication now ( cyclizine and metochlopromide) but I'm still sick daily and unable to do much more than lie in bed. It's absolutely awful and sooo depressing! So if you ever need someone who knows how you're feeling, just drop me a message. HG can take you to a very lonely place. You're not alone.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->