Hi again, update & needing advice please!

curiouskatt19

Reaction score
Yesterday was my first appointment & they did a pap & a blood draw for betas (I'm waiting on the phone call) and a scan, my dr said this is like the earliest they see a pregnancy through a vaginal ultrasound (damn thing was miserable...) but anyway.. Just wondering if any ladies have been here and what y'all think... Hope it's promising..

image.jpg

I'm guessing your in your 5th week? Looks right if that's the case (or earlier but usually you can't see anything that early) maybe week 6.

I don't like tv us but if it helps to see the baby I do it. My last 2 tv us haven't been as bad as the one in the ER that was very painful! (I've had 3 tv us and 1 abdom us due to bleeding/spotting).

I was suppose to get af on the tenth so it have NO idea how far I am. He told me next week he could probably get a better estimation of weeks. And I hate them. They couldn't see anything with the abdominal though they tried because I didn't want it but I wanted to know ya know so I dealt with it.

That looks like an early scan, much before 6 weeks. I've never had a scan earlier than that, so
I couldn't say exactly how early.

when I compare it to my last pregnancy that looks VERY early, like 5 weeks or so. When I had my first ultrasound at 5w4d the sac was very prominent and you could already see the yolk sac inside of the gestational sac....although no fetal pole or heartbeat yet. So I would say according to this scan (and just based on my own experience) you would be between 4-5 weeks but it's clearly too early to know specific dates. When was the first day of your last period? That would be how far along you are, not from when you're expecting your period.

10th of April or May? How long are your cycles typically?

I'mthinking 4 weeks(ish) because I just did some googling of similar ultrasounds. But ever since my son in October I've had my cycle on time about like 29 days (I don't keep up with it my self just an app & we weren't trying just not preventing.) and I was suppose to start on April 10th, however I didn't but didn't have a positive test until the 23rd. I was sick all of march (laryngitis, bronchitis, & the flu) so my doctor told me as long as it was possible for me to get pregnant later in march then he thought all is probably well. I went early Bc I didn't know what was going on.

I think you would be closer to 8 weeks. Although being sick could have delayed ovulation so I'd say between 4-8 weeks. So that ultrasound would be right. Wait until your next one to confirm though.

Hope that helps. Next ultrasound should show baby I would think at least.

I hope we know next week for sure, when I was 8 weeks with my son we saw everything so I would hope I'm not quite there yet.. >.< ah the joys of pregnancy. Worry/excitement all at once :)

But thank you! I'll update for sure after that appointment

I agree if 8 weeks the ultrasound is worrisome. However the fact you didn't get a BFP until 4/23 makes me think you Ovulated late due to you being sick so I would guess 4-6weeks is more accurate but by lmp it would be 8 so there is a bunch of leeway.

My body is just crazy, with my son my last period was like November 23 and I got pregnant December 29th 2012 lol so there is no telling. I guess I should have said that to even begin with. Just wanted to share

Well just got the call that my level was 209 so as long as I'm only 3/4 weeks she said that was alright.

It varys so much. With my first I had an ultrasound at 3+6 and we saw what looked like a poppyseed that may have been the start. At 5+4 I only had a sac with nothing at all in it. At 6+4 I had a heartbeat but baby measuring a week behind. At 7+4 all caught up. So it can be really hard to tell in the beginning even if you know your O date!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->