hi again

susan36

team :blue: after 4 mc
Reaction score
hi ladies , just a quick question , as you might of read from my last post i had a mc , well i had the midwife today at hosp and she worked my dates out at 7weeks 2 days is this still classed a chemical preg? they couldnt scan me as no sonographers at work , so she told me to keep my orig scan date 10th of jan bc of my last mmc , my question is was it a chemical at that many weeks , i hate the word chemical argggg

So sorry for your loss. :hugs: I don't think that counts as a chemical, since in theory it would have been possible to see something on a scan by then. At the end of the day, it's a loss no matter what. I agree that the word 'chemical' is just awful. I know why it's called that, but still. Good luck, and hope you get your sticky BFP soon. :flower:

I don't want to read & run, but I think a chemical is when you pick up a pregnancy at home but you have no positive tests at a doctors office. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks ladies , i dont want to think of it as just a chemical , and to be honest this mc was 10 times worse than the one i lost at just over 11 weeks , thanks again ladies :flower:

I'm thinking that a chemical is still a miscarriage just a very early one like between 3.5 -4.5 weeks before many women even know they are pregnant (unless they were intentionally TTCing and POAS).

7 weeks seems a bit late to be calling it a chemical but either way it's a miscarriage and a loss of a baby. I'm so sorry for you hon...I think no matter when it happens it's still devastating to go through.

I hate the terms doctors/nurses use sometimes...when I was in the ER I kept hearing "spontaneous abortion" - I know this is the proper medical term but it just made it even more painful to hear it like that.

when i had my first mc in 1999 thats what was on my papers spon abortion and i freaked out , but my gp says thats the medical term , thanks again ladies :flower:

I definitely dont think 7 weeks is classed as a "chemical", im sure thats 4-5 weeks.
Either way, they are both a loss of a baby, and thats all that matters
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"