Hi all

Discussion in 'Twins, Triplets & Multiples' started by bek74, Dec 27, 2009.

1. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

Hi everyone, I am hoping to join this section and read and learn so much from you lovely ladies.

I will start with introducing myself...

I am Bek and I am 35yrs (36 on the 4th Jan) my hubby and I have 3 wonderful sons ages 13yr, 11yr and 9yr. After my 3rd son in 2000 I had my tubes clamped, regreted it instantly but was so busy with 3 boys under 4 I pushed it aside.
    Well in Feb 2007 I had my tubes reversed, after failing to conceive and test after test and operation after operation hubby and I went through IVF. We got our BFP confirmed by bloods on the 18th Nov 2009 :happydance:.
    At 7wks 2days we went for our first scan and found we are having fraternal twins (2 embryo's were put in), so now that the initial shock has warn off, I am starting to get alot more excited.

I have heard of VTS and I do worry about that and pray that doesn't happen, I saw my bubs again on Dec 23rd and get to see them again on Jan 5th and then I have my nuchal scan on Jan 20th.

It is all very daunting and exciting all at the same time. I can't believe I am 10wks and look like I am about 16wks:dohh: I am going to be massive LOL LOL. Hubby and my children are all very excited and I know I will have heaps of helpers (just not in the middle of the night LOL).

I routined my boys and plan on doing the same with twins, when one is awake I plan on having them both awake and feed one and then straight after the other, with 3 other boys and footy games and running about I figured routine would be the way to go.

How many mums of twins breast feed their babies, or did a combo of both breast and bottle.
    I was thinking of doing a expressing and formula feeding combo as my OH will have 4-6wks off work once they arrive and I could use the help with feeding.
    Thanks for reading my LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG post.
    :hugs:

Oh one more question, when you brought your bubs home did they share a cot at first or have their own? or what do you plan on doing? I already have a cot from when I had my sons but was planning on buying another but have heard that it best for them to share, any advise or opinions on that subject?

2. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

I have heard just to let them stay in the same bed for a while, so that's what I am planning on. I do plan to bf them, but I will have bottles on hand just in case..I have bf'd all my children, so I am hoping it goes well!
    I am just about 27 weeks and feel about eight weeks ahead..yikes! It's a fun ride, so far for me, hope it's the same for you

3. wannabubba#4

wannabubba#4 Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3

Congrats on your wonderful twins - hope you have a wonderful H&H pregnancy.
    xx

4. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

welcome!!! I am 34 weeks today and these are my first so not sure I can offer any insight lol. We plan to have them in one cot in our room to start with then in two when they get bigger - we do have two cots already though just in case as my sisters twins hated sleeping together.

I am planning to feed myself but also having bottles on stand by. HTH xx

5. malpal

malpal Mummy to 3 girlies!!!

many congratulations xxxxxxx
    I am still in shock that i have 2 babies inside my tum!
    I am planning on bf'ing but am sure i will end up doing a bit of both as i also have a daughter who will be 16 months when the babies arrive so need to prepare myself for having to bottle feed as well.
    As for the sleeping, i have got 2 moses baskets and 2 cots, but will see what suits best.
    congrats again xxxxxxx

6. akcher

akcher Mom to twins!

First CONGRATS!! These will be my firsts so I'm playing by ear. I probably will start with bf one at a time and when I get the hang of it, I will tandum feed. I plan on having them sleep together at first.

7. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

Thankyou ladies for your warm welcome and kind congratualtions.
    Congratulations to each and every one of you:hugs:
    Seems bedding them together is the go to start with, I may buy a 2nd cot and have it on stand by but will try sleeping them together at first.
    Again thankyou so much ladies.

8. vineyard

vineyard Mom of twin girls!

Congrats! I have exclusively breastfed so far and all is going well!

9. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

That's so cool Vineyard! How often do they feed?