Hi everyone..doppler question...11 weeks

RachHarte

Reaction score
Hi all, new here..my sister sent me here...she gave me her doppler ...one of the nice fancy ones...Im 11 weeks 2 days..what should I hear at this point...do you hear the placenta/cord noises this early or are even those easy to miss at this point?

I can hear placenta.. Which sounds like a wooshing or wind blowing in the trees..

You might be able to find the heartbeat. But may take a while. That sounds like galloping horses. Youll also be able to find your own heartbeat too.

I find my baby snugged up to my left hip bone

yeah Ive heard them before..I used to listen when my sister was pregnant..but I only can hear my HB on either side..just very slow wooshing.. thats why I was wondering if it was normal to not hear the cord or placenta this early

Are you trying low enough? Like at your hairline? Helped to have an extremely full bladder for me. With my first I couldn't find any noises other than mine until 12/13 weeks

def didnt have a full bladder..I tried pretty low...my sister helped coz she was used to finding hers and couldnt find anything either

Then it probably is just too early.

Full bladder and lots of gel are what helped me. I didn't find this baby till 12 weeks

yep, a full bladder, laid down mostly flat, but head propped up slightly. Very low down and you should hear your LO now, easy to mistake with your own at first though, took my hubby ages and he got so frustrated. Have been able to hear all of mine from about 9/10 weeks I think x

so it could just be too early then...we always heard my sisters placenta or cord noises right when we put the doppler on without having to try hard but it was in 2nd tri...just worried I guess..thanks ladies

I found mine at 8+4, try really low and use lots of gel. Put it in line with your bellybutton and angle it very slowly rather than moving it, that's how I found mine. A lot of people say full bladder helps but for me it's easier to have an empty bladder so try both x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->