Hi guys can I join please?

DanielleM

Reaction score
Well I have been engaged for 2 years now and the time has come to get planning this wedding!!!

I am wanting to do it on a budget and have been looking around but OMG my head is actually spinning, there is just too much.

I would love to have the big fancy wedding in a big posh hotel but if you think I am forking out 10K on one day, not a chance in hell!! Anybody got any budget ideas for weddings? I want to spend like 2K.

My idea at the minute is to get married in my local church around 3pm and then head to hall close by, cut out the wedding breakfast and just have a throughout thing, no day/night guests, just 90 guests in total and have a hog roast.

Any other ideas throw my way girls, I need all the help I can get :thumbup:

Well thats a pretty good idea if you're wanting to keep it cheap :) We wanted a budget wedding, which weve got but weve still spent a few grand.
A hog roast would probably be cheaper than a buffet so that would be good, just make sure you have something on hand for people that wouldn't eat the hog (I would be one of those people).
Check out sample sales and mainstream stores for wedding dresses, you can pick up an absolute bargain! (or preloved or ebay if you don't mind second hand)
I'm having artificial flowers because they are miles miles cheaper, and I will be decorating the church with something other than flowers (yeah, flowers cost a bomb lol)
I'm making my own invites and place cards (people charge ridiculous money for those)
and when booking your dj, don't bloody tell him its a wedding, they seem to add another £100 the robbing gits!!
If you're having a photographer (which are one of the most expensive things), just have them for a couple of hours, or even an hour just to do photos from the church, they should give a discount for this kind of thing, don't be afraid to ask! Then were having a family member doing some pics in the evening and having disposable cameras on the tables :)

It is entirely do-able on £2k and will be beautiful :)

The best advice I can give is not to tell people too much about your wedding or let them interfere - people have a tendancy to think they can butt in and invite their friends (MIL!) and give opinions on what THEY think you should have - ignore them! Its your day, if someone else is upset by the way you're running the show, stuff them!

Good Luck and try to have fun :)

xx

Thank you!! See the thing is I could afford the nig massive wedding but I am being quite selfish and would rather cheap out on the wedding and have a gorgeous honeymoon :haha:

Weve been given a lot of money for our wedding, but instead of using it for the wedding were halfing it between wedding and honeymoon/family holiday :rofl: so I know where you're coming from!! xx

See for us nobody is helping out, it is just us saving for it, I don't particularly want to pay £60 a head for people to eat!!!

I wouldn't either, not sure where abouts you are, but another fun idea would be to hire a barn and have your party in there :) xx

A wedding absolutely can be done for £2k and still be beautiful. It's whatever you make it :)

And congratulations on the planning. I remember when we started and it was so overwhelming not knowing where to even start :lol: at least you know why type of wedding you want!

How exciting!! You can deffo do it for £2k!

When are you thinking for your big day?

I have been in touch with the venue and they are holding the 1st March 2014 open for me, just having a bit of a nightmare with the church to get the date!!!

When I say to get the date I mean to actually speak to the priest in order to see if the date is free, then I can begin planning and booking everything :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->