Hi I'm new and need info on scans

KTiernan

Pregnant first trimester
Reaction score
Hi, I'm seven weeks almost eight weeks along.

I just got my bookng appointment but it is not until week 10. Also in the information leaflet I got sent about antenatal care it said I don't get a scan until week 20.
From everything I have read I was expecting a scan at week 10 to 12 at least.
I am in South West London and don't know whether this has something to do with it. What have been anyone else's experiences?

Welcome to BnB! :hi:
I think scans are different depending on whether you're high risk. I'm also in Canada so ours differ from yours. Also believe it depends on how sure you are of your due date!

Thanks for your messages. What is the situation in Canada - how many scans did you get offered? x

i dont know a great deal about scans, but the scan at 20 weeks is an anatomy scan, i really do believe you get a scan before this one, to check everything is normal and if its multiples etc.
:)

heya i had a scan at 14 weeks i was told off by my m/w because i left it to late. you usually get one around the 12 week mark to check every things growing normaly and they give you your due date. the next scan is at 21 weeks when every thing is more clearer to find out if organs and limbs etc have developed normally.

:hi: welcome to BnB

Think everywhere is different to be honest, where I live I will get a 12 week scan but wont get a 20 week (we r going to go private) think it just depends on the budget in your area.If there were any problems they would do extra scans though. Ur midwife will be able to tell u at ur booking appt what happens in your area

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->