• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi, Im new, any advice appreciated!

DressageDiva

Nearly ready to pop!!
Reaction score
Good afternoon

Wow I cant quite belive I am posting here. I had kind of given up hope of starting a family as my husband has not been child friendly at all since we got married 5 years ago, (he is also 6 years younger than me); but we have had a few conversations recently and he surprised me last night with asking me when I wanted to start trying and that he wanted to have a family with me:happydance:

My worries are around my age:im 36: and concieving as soon as possible to give my baby the best chance I can-plus I would like 2 if my pregnancy is healthy and we can concieve ok!!

I would love any advice please on what to do and any hints and tips, im so excited and really keen to hear some good news stories:thumbup:

I look forward to hearing from you:hi::hi:

Hi there :hi:
I use opks to pin point my ovulation and take prenatal vitamins and use preseed. Other than that I would say just have fun and see what happens. I'm 36 and trying for baby #1 so I know how you feel. Good luck and I hope you get your :bfp: very soon!!!

Hey Dressagediva!

Welcome :flower: I'm also 36 and I have just conceived for the second time, first one sadly ended in miscarriage :cry: but only one month since my miscarriage, I'm expecting again.

The first time I got pregnant was just lucky, we weren't really trying. This time, I used a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and Ta-daaaaa- pregnant :happydance:

Good luck and most importantly try to enjoy the getting pregnant bit :thumbup:

All the best and lots of :dust: to you x

Thanks to both of you! I need to do some research, i dont know anything about this really, iv enevr wanted to look things up when i had no hope. Now im a bit worried im going to get obsessed :winkwink: all i know is ovulation is usually 10+days after the end of your period, i hadnt even thought of getting a kit! Should i do that even though we have only been TTC recently?

I am going to look up Preseed now thank you Buster1, I had thought of some prenatal Vits e.g Folic acid

Im so sorry to hear of your miscarriage kit_cat, i wish you lots of luck with your pregnancy now:hugs:

I am enjoying the practicing:haha: so is hubby!!! I think he is worried we will never have sex again once we have a BFP so is making the most of it!

Hi there :hi:
use preseed.

Just looked this up, I ddnt know such a thing existed lol, i presume we dont 'have' to use this if we dont need it, it doesnt actially make you more fertile or am i being dumb??

Thanks to both of you! I need to do some research, i dont know anything about this really, iv enevr wanted to look things up when i had no hope. Now im a bit worried im going to get obsessed :winkwink: all i know is ovulation is usually 10+days after the end of your period, i hadnt even thought of getting a kit! Should i do that even though we have only been TTC recently?

I am going to look up Preseed now thank you Buster1, I had thought of some prenatal Vits e.g Folic acid

Im so sorry to hear of your miscarriage kit_cat, i wish you lots of luck with your pregnancy now:hugs:

I am enjoying the practicing:haha: so is hubby!!! I think he is worried we will never have sex again once we have a BFP so is making the most of it!

Thanks Dressagediva :flower:

If you don't want to get too deeply into it to begin with (as you may conceive quickly and without trouble) but definitely want to actively try, then just to give yourself a fighting chance, get to know your cycle if you don't already....i.e. how many days your cycle is on average, and use OPK's or invest in a CBFM to pinpoint ovulation. Then, DTD just before O, at the time of O, and then just after. This is exactly what I have done. I have never tried for a baby before now so I'm a total novice at all of this. If you do want to go more in depth, there are lots of lovely, clever ladies on here who chart, temp, monitor CM, use certain products to increase fertility etc, all the tricks. Have a read through the TTC threads and ask some questions.

Definitely, definitely, definitely start taking your prenatal folic acid supplements.

:hugs:

If you don't want to get too deeply into it to begin with (as you may conceive quickly and without trouble) but definitely want to actively try, then just to give yourself a fighting chance, get to know your cycle if you don't already....i.e. how many days your cycle is on average, and use OPK's or invest in a CBFM to pinpoint ovulation. Then, DTD just before O, at the time of O, and then just after. This is exactly what I have done. I have never tried for a baby before now so I'm a total novice at all of this. If you do want to go more in depth, there are lots of lovely, clever ladies on here who chart, temp, monitor CM, use certain products to increase fertility etc, all the tricks. Have a read through the TTC threads and ask some questions.

Definitely, definitely, definitely start taking your prenatal folic acid supplements.

:hugs:[/QUOTE]

Thanks hon thats kind of what i thought. We are going to DTD loads:winkwink: regardless as i cant afford a CBFM at the mo, and im going to get the Vits and try not to get too obsessed just yet:haha: but im impatient and want to get Preg now!! We were going to wait till the New Year as i dont want all hubbys family to do the whole ''oh your not drinking at Christmas, are you preg??'' thing as they are very baby obsessed with his siblings and i couldnt cope with their comments if it takes us ages:cry:; but hubby just said lets go for it so yipeee:happydance:

I havnt told anyone, so its really nice that i have somewhere to talk to people, thank you:hugs:

The preseed helps if you don't have a lot of EWCM, but if that's not a problem for you then you don't really need it. It's funny that my DH thinks that once we get a BFP the sex will stop too. Where do these men get these ideas? Anyway wishing you lots of luck and have fun going for that BFP!!!

:hugs:

Thanks hon thats kind of what i thought. We are going to DTD loads:winkwink: regardless as i cant afford a CBFM at the mo, and im going to get the Vits and try not to get too obsessed just yet:haha: but im impatient and want to get Preg now!! We were going to wait till the New Year as i dont want all hubbys family to do the whole ''oh your not drinking at Christmas, are you preg??'' thing as they are very baby obsessed with his siblings and i couldnt cope with their comments if it takes us ages:cry:; but hubby just said lets go for it so yipeee:happydance:

I havnt told anyone, so its really nice that i have somewhere to talk to people, thank you:hugs:

You'll get all the support you need on here sweetie, and please feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything :thumbup::hugs: x

Welcome, I would say the first thing to do is learn about your cycles and when you Ovulate. Most things I've read say that you are most fertile a few days leading up to ovulations, so yes do your research and use opks. Good luck, I look forward to chatting with you.

Hi Ladies

Had bad news today, not baby related, but it will affect us, as I have lost my job!

So although we will still TTC i hope I get a new job before i get a BFP :(

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully you'll get another job and that BFP very soon!! Sending lots of luck your way!!!

Hi DressageDiva! :hi: I'm new here too and am in a similar situation to you.

I'm 37 and have been with my partner for 5 years, he's 46. He's always said he's too old for kids but in August he started to change his mind. To be honest I'd never been too bothered either but, I think due to an impending birthday, I'd started to think about it a bit more too. Anyway we are now ttc and this is our third month. Last month I used a digi OPK for the first time and was thrilled when the smiley face showed up, sadly AF showed up 2 weeks later!:growlmad:
I try not to look up too much stuff on the internet but have found I just can't help myself especially during the 2WW, symptom spotting is a bit addictive!!

Good luck to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!

PS - hope you get a new job soon too ! x

Hi DressageDiva! :hi: I'm new here too and am in a similar situation to you.

I'm 37 and have been with my partner for 5 years, he's 46. He's always said he's too old for kids but in August he started to change his mind. To be honest I'd never been too bothered either but, I think due to an impending birthday, I'd started to think about it a bit more too. Anyway we are now ttc and this is our third month. Last month I used a digi OPK for the first time and was thrilled when the smiley face showed up, sadly AF showed up 2 weeks later!:growlmad:
I try not to look up too much stuff on the internet but have found I just can't help myself especially during the 2WW, symptom spotting is a bit addictive!!

Good luck to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!

PS - hope you get a new job soon too ! x

Thank you, and good luck to you too:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"