hi im new to this forum my daughter has austism

littlelinnies

Reaction score
shes 9 and she was diagniosed with austism some years ago.. anyone else on this forum with an austic child? i dont have anyone to talk to that understands really.. xx

hey! how things for you? how are manging? are you getting any help? x

Where are you located? I am in the UK. He was diagnosed when he was 5 and he goes to mainstream school. He currently gets some 1:1 time at school but not all day. Its going ok but its really touch and go alot of the time, luckily he has just moved schools and the new school seem to understand a little bit more.

I get most of my help from my support group in the village who have been amazing. Its still hard sometimes but great to have friends who understand.

Main issue atm his him managing to calm down when tired instead of melting down. He is also touch/sound sensitive.

xx Hope your ok.

yes i'm in the uk! i'm getting no support at all. she was diagonised at 5/6 she is now going to get a special school for austic children and this is really helping her, altho shes only improving at her own rate ( bless her) she doesnt have any friends really because one shes so bossy lol and two the class is all boys apart from her. and shes really girly, she wants to play princess's while they want to play monsters! lol shes got a few friends but she keeps having arguements with them cos they wont be her bf! lol
( she doesnt really understand. ) xx

Hi, I have a 3 year old with Autism.

Still waiting for our assessment date to come through, as we don't know where on the spectrum he is until then.

We have good and bad weeks it seems..

Hi!
My son is 6 and is at the severe end of the spectrum, he was diagnosed when he was nearly 2 x

My daughter was diagnosed with ASD (PDD-NOS, although her school is saying it is more 'classic autism' now) when she was two years old...she is now, almost 7!!! We have some support...many friends with children with ASD, a school that is "OK", and she goes to a therapy group called "Footholds", which has been good, except sometimes they don't have anyone to work with her and then we have to wait until they sort that out, but part of it is also we are very busy so it is hard to get more support and school interferes with times for therapy, as I don't want to pull her from school.

Hi my daughter is 5 and has Autism she was diagnosed a year ago. She is in special class at school with 1 hour inclusion with the kinder class. She gets speech and occupational therapy at school. Also a speech therapist comes to the house 3 times a week. She's improved so much with all the therapy. She can answer some questions now and not just repeat everything. She's the sweetest little girl. I'm so very proud of her.

My 15 yo ds Ty has ADHD and we will be finally getting him tested for more autistic areas. Just don't know when the appointment will be with the Waisman Center in Madison, WI. I heard it could be a month for them to call to set an appointment up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->