• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hi,new here

lindseymac575

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My 8yr old has autism and ADHD along with other learning difficulties,dyslexia,dyspraxia,hypermobility etc etc etc!and someone recommended I come here for some advice and support.

Robbie has just started on melatonin to help him sleep,cos he never has lol!Also he's just started on strattera.I think its already helping.

Other people can be so judgemental,they just think he's badly behaved and that im a bad mum :growlmad:

I look forward to getting to know you all xxx

Hi there
my son is 4 in a couple of weeks and he is undergoing assessments for Autism. He has already been diagnosed with Hypermobility and ligamentous laxity and has to use a special needs buggy just so we can get out and about. My Ds has just started melatonin aswell and seems to be working a treat! i just hope it lasts.

I know what you mean about other people but they are just ignorant hun try to ignore them, you know different!

Hope you having a nice weekend

Mel x

i have an 8 yr old who also has adhd, he and his sister have hypermobility and lax ligaments they are both also tube fed due to severe reflux.

my son has ritalin for behaviour and melatonin to sleep as he never did either.

welcome

Hi hun,

I have a 14 yr old ds who is autistic and a 4 yr old ds who has some social difficulties but other than that is just a complete minx!!!! I also have a 6 month old daughter.

Know of someone else who had their son on Melatonin and it helped him.

Have you thought about getting some of those cards explaining what autism is to hand out to people if you are in a situation where people are staring or passing judgement? I was out at the park once and a young girl handed me one and I hadn't heard of them before that.

People are very quick to judge, me included at times and it's something I try so hard not to do now, but you are not a bad mum hun, it's bloody hard at times until someone has walked in your shoes they wont ever know that. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->