Hi, newbie here

Terri1985

Reaction score
Hi all, im new here. Looking for some people I can chat to on here as I havent told anyone other than my partner about my pregnancy as I am worried about miscarriage, so I dont want to tell friends and family incase it all goes wrong again.
I suffered a miscarriage in September 2008. I hadnt managed to have a period until last month (23rd Feb) and this was our first month of being able to try again and I was lucky enough to fall pregnant straight away! Confirmed pregnancy with a test on saturday morning (28th march).
Was in shock as it happened so fast but I am very happy about it but worried I might miscarry again (was 9weeks last time). . . .

So I was hoping to find some people on here who I can talk to about worries and things, and also listen to other people's worries too!

My doctor has referred me for a scan this thursday (2days time) to have a look as I have a history of miscarriage and also to date the pregnancy, but I am concerned this may be too early as at most I would be 5+3 but may be less than this, possibly 4+6, so surely they wouldnt see anything and may make me worry for nothing and they wouldnt be able to see how far I was anyway? Shouldnt they have waited til 6-8wks to do this? I did tell the doctor when my last period was so am a bit confused.

Any views/feedback would be welcome plus some friends would be great!
Hope you girls have had some good news too! :hug:

Thank you everyone, you have made me feel very welcome here :hugs:

i am new here too, good luck with everything, i have been through what you are going through. I had a scan at about 5 wks with my first and 2nd and you just see a tiny fluttery heartbeat if there is anything at all like a little blinking light. Good luck XXXXXXXXXX

Hello Terri,
i'm so sorry for your past.:sad1:
I was exactly the same, I was convinced that something was going to go wrong but each day I woke up I gave thanks that both myself and the bean were still there. I know it sounds silly but I was just grateful for each day.
If you need to chat at all we're all here... :hug:

Have you started to have any symptoms yet?

Thank you silas. Yes I have had symptoms, too many for this early on in my opinion! lol. I have had a headache for the last week (started 2days before I took the test), I am peeing like a race horse and have been for over a week. My boobs are killing me. I just want to sleep all the time (this is not like me at all!) and I have lost my appetite and the smell of certain things cooking makes me feel sick.
Oh and TODAY I have started having heartburn!. . . . Is it normal to be having all this happen this early on?
I know I cant be any more that 5+1 at the moment and I didnt have all this with my last pregnancy when I miscarried at 9weeks.

Thanks for the posts guys! :hug:

Hi everyone, hi Terri,

my mum alsways insists that some people are really sensitive to changes in their body and it doesn't matter how far along you are you'll just feel the changes.
My body doesn't respond well to surges in hormones, the pill doesn't agree with me and I get awful PMT so when I got pregnant I felt everything straight away.

Aww congrats hon, its going to be worth it in the end. I hope everything goes well for you.

What food have you gone off? I completely went off meat for about 6 weeks, I couldn't even say the word. :sick: And to be honest I'm 18wks and poor OH has lost weight because I'm not cooking as much, :rofl: I just can't be arsed! I'm eating fishfinger sandwiches and strawberry milkshakes. I can't really stomach anything rich or heavy.

those all sound lilke really good signs Terri, a pain in the backside but good positive signs XXXXXXXXXX

Thanks guys. Got a message left on my phone today at about 4pm ish. Was asked to go into hospital for first thing monday morning for more blood to be taken and another scan, I only had 1st scan and blood taken thismorning, this really concerns me as she said I wouldnt hear back until monday.
They saw a 2mm dot that they guessed is possibly the sac starting to grow but werent sure, the lining looks good according to the person scanning me and the ovary is showing the signs that pregnancy has started to settle in, but since being home and just before I got this message left on my phone I have had a few pains (might be normal as they arent agonising and there is no blood) but after getting this message it has really made me worry as why would they phone me so soon afterwards?
Do you think my levels came back low and becase they couldnt see much assume miscarriage?
Thanks in advance for you input :hugs:

Hi, I think that they would let you know as soon as they could either way.

The pains that you are feeling could be implantation pains as you've got no blood with it either. It sounds like they want to see you back to keep an eye on things and they just want to make sure everything is going as normal. Scans are expensive and they only hand them out if essential.
Its easy to say but try not to worry. :hug:

Try and chill over the weekend by watching loads of crap 80s films, that always makes me smile.

Fingers crossed for you.

xx :hugs:

Thank you Silas. Hi michelle, how far gone are you? Is this your first? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back