HI TTC new and need help

harmony1269

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, someone suggested me post it here....This is my story....

I am at a loss. I am 42; I have had normal periods my whole life, married, and we do not care if we get pg or not; I really wanted to, we aren't actively trying, we did for a while, but when it didn't work, we didn't have the $$ to find out why, so it was a dream go bye bye.... :nope:

So, now we've been married 7 years. I have not successfully gotten pg. I did get pg 3 years ago, and I miscarried at 12 weeks. :shrug:

This past year my periods changed slightly, I know your ovaries alternate months, one month I'd go about 36-40 days the next month the normal 27-28 days which I've done my whole life.

Here is my quandary, I've missed a period. My last menstrual cycle started was Oct 21; we had sex on November 14. I have not had a period sense. I have had nausea some, vomiting some, a little heartburn, and back aches, sensitivity to odors. It has honestly not been as bad as when I was pregnant and lost the baby at 12 weeks, but it is still there. It is not normal for me to be this way. It is not normal for me to miss a period, the only time I ever did it was when I was pregnant.

Here is my issue, I've taken the home pregnancy test, and it shows negative, twice, in the morning and evening. I have read that you can not show HCG in the urine. I have read that there is a time frame when the HPT are not accurate? That some people or pregnancies never read positive on home pg test......They worked last time, when I used them to find out I was PG before I lost the baby. :nope:

Why not now? I am scared, concerned, not sure. I do not have insurance. So I can't just run to the doctor....

Could I still be pregnant? What is going on?

I want to enjoy Christmas with my Dh, he has 3 boys and I consider them my boys, I love them dearly, but my heart is heavy. Should I just say to heck with it I'm not? But why the missed period?
Please please help me. :sadangel:

I am sorry Harmony! There is no way to know why you are late getting your period and no way to know for sure if you are pregnant or not. You could have O'd late (due to stress or other factors) and that is why AF is late.

If you were pregnant, by now you would be about 2 months in and HCG should be able to be detected. Of course there are those rare instances where it is not, but what are the odds? I know you do not have insurance but maybe a trip to the Dr. is warranted to make sure everything is ok. A blood test will confirm whether you are indeed pregnant or not.

All the best to you!

I agree with the above poster. You might have O'd later than you think. I agree that your symptoms are all present in pregnancy but can also be symptoms of wonky cycles, I know I get all of those when my AF is not quite right. They only way to know for sure is to have the blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->