Hi

Gingergirl

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself and ask for a bit of help. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on 19th december 09 at 35 wks and 3 days, but unfortunatly she had heart problems and she was stillborn. i know its only been 9 weeks but i would really like to get pregnant again as my arms are aching for the baby they should be holding, the only problem is, is that i havent started my periods again yet does anyone know if you can get pregnant without having a period? Thankyou for reading and i look forward to any replies. xxxxx

as far as i know you need a period to ovulate,
and if you still have hcg then that affects things.
some of the girls in the stillborn section may be able to help you.
sorry for your loss.
xxx

Hi Gingergirl - Firstly I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are coping ok xx

It IS possible to get pregnant without having a period first - there are several ladies on here who have gone straight from a m/c to conceive again, I think the doctors advise against it but mainly beacuse of dating purposes(its impossible to tell when you ovulated etc and how far along you are if you haven't had a period to date from). Did your doctor say anything to you about how soon you could try again?

Hi

Thankyou both for your answers, I'm not coping too bad at the moment thanx some days are better than others.

My doctor said i can start trying again as soon as i feel ready and he is sending me for a scan to see why i havent started my periods yet. i just wondered if it was possible to still get pregnant though as we have been trying for the last 4 weeks but still nothing.

Thanks again.

Oh love, I'm so sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through that. I pray that you are blessed with a little healthy bundle of joy soon. Sending :hugs:

So sorry for your loss. I think your HCG has to drop way down before your period comes again. Hopefully your doc can shed more light on it!

Hi

Thankyou both for your answers, I'm not coping too bad at the moment thanx some days are better than others.

My doctor said i can start trying again as soon as i feel ready and he is sending me for a scan to see why i havent started my periods yet. i just wondered if it was possible to still get pregnant though as we have been trying for the last 4 weeks but still nothing.

Thanks again.

Hi Ginger
I am so sorry to hear what youve went thru!!
I went to my doctor almost 4weeks after my mmc to ask where mine were
She told me i could get pregnant without even having a period after a mmc,because we obviously ov before our periods,so there was a chance!!I was quite excited(thought maybe thats y it was taking a while)but it came 2days later!!TYPICAL!!
I was told if it hadnt came in day or 2 to do a test!!
Good luck xx

Im agree with Deb, it could just be an issue of your hcg not coming down to an aceptable level yet, at that stage of pregnancy you would have been producing pretty good prolactin levels too which can stop you from ovulating. So terribly sorry you have to go through this hun, hoping you get to fill those arms of your asap.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->