Hi!

jennijunni

Reaction score
I am Jenn. I lost my DS at almost 17 weeks, on June 4. I then almost bled to death following his peaceful birth. I lost half my blood volume, and had to be transfused and have emergency surgery (D&E). I recovered quickly, and feel great physically. Emotionally, I am usually okay, some days are better than others. My sweet DH and I do not want to wait to TTC, and have decided not too. I know for me, what will heal me most is having another baby. This was my 6th pregnancy, 2nd loss. I have 4 children I birthed, 2 "adopted."

So anyone with a similar experience? Can anyone share how long they chose to wait, how long it took for their HCG to be negative (I am not testing BTW). Any insight would be much appreciated. I know no one IRL that has experienced this, and would love to talk to someone about it. Hugs to all the mamas out there!!

Hi Jenn, im so sorry for your loss :hugs: Havent got much advice, had my first m/c last week, my hcg went from 278 to 49 in 2 days, the nurse told me to take preg tests until neg result.
Sorry I couldnt give any more info, didnt want to read and run without saying how sorry I am. Take care:hugs:

i lost my first baby at 16 weeks. it took me quite awhile to get back on a regular schedule. i think i had my first period 8 weeks later, but i didnt ovulate til 4 months later. a friend of mine miscarried at 16 weeks also and the same happened to her. im so sorry :( im glad you have other children to kiss and hold.. i hope you are able to get pregnant again soon.

I lost my LO at 16 weeks, HCG returned to 0 within a week and I am waiting for my cycle to start all over again but am checking ovulation with opk's. I want a baby again right away!

I lost mine at 16 weeks as well on may 26th and still havent seen af :shrug: Im 42 days into this "cycle" and am starting to get really frusterated. I took a test on cd 20 I think to check hcg levels and it was negative but I dont know how much earlier that happened at that was my first test :shrug:

Kiki04 they 'say' it can be around 6 weeks for your cycle to return so maybe you're pretty close. I don't think it will be long for you especially as you have no underlying fertility issues x

I had bleeding for about 5 days, very light, since they evacuated everything. I then had a dream about 2 weeks following the surgery, that I was starting my period (I have these sometimes), and was sure I was, when I woke up, nothing, but later on in the day, I went to the bathroom, and had a decent amount of blood, not tons, but some, this after not having anything for like 8 days, then it stopped, but then later on the evening more, and the next day some more. Again nothing like a regular period, but still made me wonder?? I wonder if it was residual, or if it was a PPAF?? So now we are waiting. We are not preventing. The doctor recommended we wait 2 cycles, but TBH, in my heart it feels right, and I always try to follow those promptings. I am so sorry to all the other mamas here who have had a loss. I had an early mc with #2, but this was just devastating. So hugs to everyone who has had their heart broken in this way. :hugs:

My miscarriage lasted two weeks May 25th-June 6th..refused to go to hosp. & refuse to wait the 2 cycles that the doctor recommended to wait. It took about 2 weeks for my hcg levels to go down to zero...I know my moods are off the charts but my heart wants a baby... it feels as though this would be the only thing that calms me. I just had my 1st cycle July 1st-6th (I thought that was kinda fast for it to return so quick) & I did ovulate w/ the help of Femara meds but obviously didn't conceive. My heart sank when I started my period & my fiance was heartbroken as well...It was weird though the period was soooo heavy (is that normal after micarriage to have a very heavy period after??)..I'm DEEPLY SORRY for your loss Jenn..my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family!!

My miscarriage lasted two weeks May 25th-June 6th..refused to go to hosp. & refuse to wait the 2 cycles that the doctor recommended to wait. It took about 2 weeks for my hcg levels to go down to zero...I know my moods are off the charts but my heart wants a baby... it feels as though this would be the only thing that calms me. I just had my 1st cycle July 1st-6th (I thought that was kinda fast for it to return so quick) & I did ovulate w/ the help of Femara meds but obviously didn't conceive. My heart sank when I started my period & my fiance was heartbroken as well...It was weird though the period was soooo heavy (is that normal after micarriage to have a very heavy period after??)..I'm DEEPLY SORRY for your loss Jenn..my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family!!

Are you sure everything was evacuated?? Normally, the lining can be a little on the thin side, so the period can be a bit lighter. But again it is different for everyone, and having other pregnancies can change things a bit as well. I hope you get your BFP soon!! We are not waiting either, and are praying to be pregnant again. I am in a different situation than most here though, I have 6 children, 4 I birthed, 2 I did not, we have a big family. My heart breaks for those who are still waiting for their first. We suffered infertility with #1 and it was heartbreaking, but then my body just fixed itself, and I have gotten pregnant fairly quickly. Hopefully that will be the same for you as well! Hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->