Hiccups?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Caitlin hiccups LOADS and if she stops when I go to feed her immediately she starts off again. Its not for short periods! Thing is I don't think she is taking enough milk nor can I work out if the hiccups are uncomfortable to have whist trying to take her milk?

Any ideas suggestions?

This is just the beginning :blush: LMAO

Hi hun Dior used to get them all the time im sure it means they have wind, i wouldnt carry on giving the milk untill she does a burp as it can be pretty uncomfy drinking while having hiccups, Dior was a nightmare for it so i used to always have a couple of mls of water ready for after her feed to help stop her hiccups and bring up a burp

I agree with what Dionne said. Bethanie had hiccups loads and I would just wind her before continuing feeding.

Hope that helps.

Hi hun, don't feed whilst she has them....but as has been said, try the winding, which can take forever at times! x

The hiccups really freaked me out - their whole body rocks don't they.
The MW told me to feed her to stop the hiccups but sometimes she couldn't latch on when she had them so I used to hold her upright over my shoulder and wind her.
Is she able to latch on when she has them?

half a dose of gripe water used to help ewan when he had hiccups.

make sure there are no little air bubbles in the milk like after shaking it etc as they give wind and hiccups x

Im not sure if your breast or bottle feeding, but if your bottle feeding, make sure the teat is full of milk, if there is air in the teat that will/can cause wind/colic

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->