Hiccups

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Nugget has been getting hiccups a lot recently, he/she is on their third episode already and it's only midday. I know this is just them learning to breath etc but is it normal to get them that frequently?

Thanks x

I think so - DS was constantly hiccupping and continued when he was born lol this one is the same it should calm down in the next few weeks x

Yep totally normal I asked my MW on Tuesday. Millie gets them loads!!

Bubs hasnt had any yet - I dont think! How do you know if its hiccups?

Yea its completely normal i always feels bubs hiccuping and dd use to do it loads too :)

Bubs hasnt had any yet - I dont think! How do you know if its hiccups?

It feel like a small regular kick, almost like a pulse! I always feel bubs's hiccups really low down so I guess he/she is head down :)

Is it bad I wish my boy got them so I could feel what they are like?!

Haha! I've never experiences hiccups! Boooo!

I know this sounds bad, but does anyone else find the hiccups to be really annoying? I love feeling LO wiggle and squirm around but I hate when she gets hiccups because they always last 10-15 minutes and it drives me nuts, especially when I'm trying to sleep! My coworker said how she used to think the hiccups were so cute when she was pregnant so maybe it's weird that they annoy me?

My baby girl has been getting them every day lol! I was starting to wonder at the frequency but I guess it's normal if it's happening to other babies too! I remember a while back when I would feel what I thought was kicks, but than noticed they had a pattern. Then it started to feel like a pulse, just like one of you said! I was worried, because I didn't know how I could feel a pulse in my belly lol. It wasn't until the ultrasound tech brought the subject up at one of scans and described what it felt like that I understood they had been hiccups all along!!

My DD got them as much as 8 - 10 times a day by the end of my third tri. My Dr said it is totally normal. She continued to get them all the time after she was born. Finally started getting them less frequently the last couple weeks.

I know this sounds bad, but does anyone else find the hiccups to be really annoying? I love feeling LO wiggle and squirm around but I hate when she gets hiccups because they always last 10-15 minutes and it drives me nuts, especially when I'm trying to sleep! My coworker said how she used to think the hiccups were so cute when she was pregnant so maybe it's weird that they annoy me?

No! I find them soooo weird and creepy feeling. And yes, annoying at times. Thankfully Jimmy doesn't get them as much as Ozzy did.

OP, its totally normal for baby to get them 3-5 times a day!

I also asked this question a while back. My LO gets hiccups at least 3 times a day. Sometimes it last for a minute but mostly it lasts 10-30 minutes each. I actually enjoy them. If they happen at night, which a lot do..I will lay in bed and just relax and get a kick out of it. I find that LO gets them mostly right after I eat as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->