Hiccups?!

Irishmum

Mum to Alex
Reaction score
I know that they are a normal part of every humans life. But when Alex gets them she could have them for anything up to 40 mins and it breaks my heart watching her whole body shake every time she 'hups'.

She seems to get them after her first feed everyday. I was just wondering do you think it could be something Im doing, the way im feeding her or something. And also is there any way to help ease them?

Thanx

x

Lots of burping. Although hiccups are completely natural and they're not hurting her

Salim gets hiccups all the time, he did while he was inside me as well. If they havnt gone by 5 minutes I just put him on my breast so he can suck and they go. This is what my midwife said to do. It gets rid of them straight away.

Salim gets hiccups all the time, he did while he was inside me as well. If they havnt gone by 5 minutes I just put him on my breast so he can suck and they go. This is what my midwife said to do. It gets rid of them straight away.

Thats the exact same advice my Dr gave me! Works every time, except when she's not hungry and doesn't suck...

Josh use to get it 2-3 times a day the first 2 month when he was born. He rarely gets it now.

I sadly am not BFing. Although I wish I could have. So maybe the same trick will work with a dummy?

salim has a dummy but he doesnt like sucking it when he gets hiccups lol. I guess sucking on a bottle of cooled boiled water would work if he/she isnt hungry though

When mine has the hiccups I give him a bit more of his bottled formula and it gets rid of them every time.

Seth gets them a lot too but it's really funny because he gets angry after about 10 mins and shouts at them after every one. I shouldn't laugh really

xxx

Hey hun,

i have the same with Rihanna but nearly after every feed. I have tried her dummy but no joy and she doesnt generally want more milk when she as them either as it makes her sick.

I just put her over my shoulder and rub her back which helps soothe her till they have gone (15-20 mins).

xx

It can work with the formula bottle.Lola-Rose also gets them and she just sucks on the bottle and it gets rid of them.Although it's perfectly normal to have hiccups...

I find it quite funny as she used to have them in my tummy :cloud9:

Thanx a mill ladies. Shall try all of your suggestions. Im tryin not to be too much of a worrier, and its not even that they worry me I just hate seeing her whole body shake and seeing her get so frustrated. (I think thye bother me more than they bother her sometimes lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->