Hiding in the corner..

MackMomma8

Reaction score
Hey girls! I'm not even NTNP yet (darn condoms!!!) but I like to pop over here and live vicariously through you ladies. :) How did you get to be NTNP? Was it a compromise between you and your OH, like somewhere between WTT and TTC? I'm just really frustrated with my OH right now. He won't give me any sort of a straight answer about TTC, so I'm thinking maybe I could bring up NTNP as a compromise?

TIA!!! :flower:

We're only just NTNP and it has taken a while to get here but because of me not OH. He can't wait to be a daddy!

For us, we are NTNP because I really want to have another baby now but I have work commitments etc. that would really make it more sensible to wait for a few more months before getting pregnant. So NTNP is really my compromise with myself, if it happens it happens and I can't know how long it will take anyway so therefore NTNP. If I'm not pregnant by the end of the summer I will definitely be full on TTC. Trying to take a relaxed approach about it at the moment. With my first, my OH was sort of NTNP but I was definitely TTC, temperature charting etc.

I just got sick of waiting, I'm not getting any younger and we'd both be really happy if it happened now, just wouldn't be exactly the right time in terms of money. We both work, have fairly stable jobs and take home a decent amount to have some left after bills etc but if I went on maternity leave it would be a stretch.

I always wanted to be a mum, and have been dreaming of the day when I could announce to friends and family that I was having a LO for the last 9yrs or so. I also always wanted to give the first grandchild/niece etc :winkwink:

We fell pregnant on the pill with Lottie and were ttc Harry, no charting or anything just making sure we bd at all the right times!

We knew we wanted another but not sure whether now is actually the right time so we're seeing how things go, no pressure! If it happens we'll be chuffed if it takes a while thats ok too! :flower: x

For us TTC was all a bit stressful last time, so NTNP is a more chilled out approach which suits us best at the moment X

Hope your over with us soon!

same as deeper blu, the TTc journey is a stressful one, so we've decided just to see what happens

Hiya. With me and my OH, we TTC but it just took over our relationship and we were fighting all the time, and it was so frustrating, not good at all when you are trying to conceive. So I think the NTNP like Deeper Blue says, it's a chilled out approach and I think that's what's working best for us. I came off my pill when I had finished my last packet, nearly 2 weeks ago, had my withdrawal bleed and hopefully we will be lucky. :) I really want to be a Mum. <3

I straddle the line between TTC and NTNP. I find it REALLY hard to not think about it at all and just BD whenever, which I guess is 'true' NTNP, because I'm broody as hell and want a baba (and after 6 cycles I'm getting more impatient :haha: ) So I do have an idea of when I'm fertile, use OPKs etc. I don't temp or anything though so not 100% sure when I ov, and I don't spend money on all that extra stuff like preseed etc. After 12 months if still no BFP we'll probably look at it a bit more seriously.

I'm the same as Deeper Blue and Baby Boo in that I find NTNP a lot less stressful than TTC.

But also I had a similar experience to BabyGirl21.

Hubby and I did TTC in 2009 and had some testing but I found it soooo stressful that eventually it had such a negative effect on my clinical depression that I ended up on anti-depressants again :nope: I was also refusing to be intimate with him if it was the wrong time of the month and he said that just made him feel like a sperm donor.

So I went back on birth control and dealt with my depression. I've now been off my anti-depressants for 8 months and hubby and I have had many talks over those last 8 months.

So I very recently had my coil removed but still waiting for my first period as my coil had progesterone in it so waiting for my body to get rid of it all.

Hey MacMomma. I'm from WTT too and I guess we're in the same position. I'm technically NTNP but he is preventing with condoms too. I'm still trying to encourage him not to use them. I'm hoping maybe he's just scared of OPKs and me crying at every BFN and sharing me with someone else.

PM me if you fancy a chat? xx

hello :)

harry was a suprise baby i was on the pill, but now i really want another and my oh does to but he would prefer to wait till harrys 2 and i wanted to start now so at the weekend he agreed to NTNP :) so we are just seeing how it goes, i get married in may and were going on a family holiday in june so theres no rush but i would be very excited if it happened :) xxx

Hey girls! I'm not even NTNP yet (darn condoms!!!) but I like to pop over here and live vicariously through you ladies. :) How did you get to be NTNP? Was it a compromise between you and your OH, like somewhere between WTT and TTC? I'm just really frustrated with my OH right now. He won't give me any sort of a straight answer about TTC, so I'm thinking maybe I could bring up NTNP as a compromise?

TIA!!! :flower:

I'm exactly the same! Not NTNP but wishing to be lol. I have a 5 month old, so I technically "should" wait a lil longer, I guess. DH isn't on board AT ALL anyways, so I'll just dream for now :blush:

Thanks, ladies! I didn't realize most people made such a distinction between NTNP and TTC - I always thought NTNP meant you weren't trying, and weren't concerned when or even if you got :bfp:, and TTC meant you were doing eveything you could to get pregnant. MY OH considers NTNP to be the same thing as TTC, cuz (like he says) "You can get pregnant either way, so either way is trying for a baby!" :hissy: REALLY??

Thanks, ladies! I didn't realize most people made such a distinction between NTNP and TTC - I always thought NTNP meant you weren't trying, and weren't concerned when or even if you got :bfp:, and TTC meant you were doing eveything you could to get pregnant. MY OH considers NTNP to be the same thing as TTC, cuz (like he says) "You can get pregnant either way, so either way is trying for a baby!" :hissy: REALLY??

My DF is the same. They won't understand until they feel as broody as us! xx

My DF is the same. They won't understand until they feel as broody as us! xx

I don't think that will ever happen. :nope: :cry:

I think we are a mix of WTT and TTC. My DH wants to WTT but I am trying to convince him to NTNP. Its hard too because everyone around me has babies so its on my mind all the time. I dont really understand all the terms either, i think i am more TTC but think NTNP will work as a compromise with DH.

My first born was a happy surprise :) I had a rough pregnancy and birth with him and for 12 months afterwards I declared that was it - never ever again, no more children for me. Obviously I've changed my mind lol. For the last 11 months we've been throwing around the idea that we'd like to have another but we weren't ready to go for it (didn't want a tiny age gap for fears of my ability to cope with 2 under 2!) Recently we go to talking about it more and trying to work out the "best" time to have another. Turned out we couldn't. I don't think there is ever a right time. So here we are - NTNP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->