High blood pressure after childbirth

WinterKage

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced high blood pressure after giving birth and had to take medication for it? xx

Yep, I was on beta blockers for a month but my BP has now returned back to normal so am off of them. It settled around 6 weeks.

I had to start taking meds for my BP when I was around 28 weeks pregnant. I still take the tablets because without them my BP is still high.

Not sure this is what you're looking for?

Try asking in baby club :flower: xx

I will do thank you :), just wandering how common it is? as giving birth I lost a lot of blood ( was already anaemic during pregnancy) and now i've got high blood pressure. My numbers are mainly 148 over 99!. Im currently taking med but it just seems to be stabilising in the late 140's. its not actually going down and just wandered how long it would take for it to stabilise xx

I will do thank you :), just wandering how common it is? as giving birth I lost a lot of blood ( was already anaemic during pregnancy) and now i've got high blood pressure. My numbers are mainly 148 over 99!. Im currently taking med but it just seems to be stabilising in the late 140's. its not actually going down and just wandered how long it would take for it to stabilise xx

Mine did take about 6 weeks to come down, it's still higher than what is used to be but it's within normal range. Hormones can mess your balance up. Are you on labetalol? xxx

Hi Hun,
I got preeclamsia and my bp went through the roof. I was on bp tablets for about 3-4 months then it came down. I went to the docs the other day with funny headaches and he took my bp and it's back up! Gutted!! 9 months on and back on meds :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->