high blood pressure and death?!?

ukgirl23

Pregnant with a rainbow
Reaction score
I keep feelig like I miht die during child birth so I went to read about it and research the main reasons women still die today and one of the risk factors is high blood pressure which I have!!! Im due for tests in the morning to see if its still up and how they are going to proceed.. now Im freaking out completely scared shitless that I might die and my idiot ex who cant even look after himself might get my children and they`ll grow up in a shit environment. I just want my baby out now and to get back to normal health :-(

I keep feelig like I miht die during child birth so I went to read about it and research the main reasons women still die today and one of the risk factors is high blood pressure which I have!!! Im due for tests in the morning to see if its still up and how they are going to proceed.. now Im freaking out completely scared shitless that I might die and my idiot ex who cant even look after himself might get my children and they`ll grow up in a shit environment. I just want my baby out now and to get back to normal health :-(

Im sorry that u feel this way!!!! First off all stress will increase your blood pressure! U need to relax and create a calm environment for your little bundle of Joy!!! Chat with you Doc and discuss ways to control your pressure. Like limit your salt intake!!! Hang in there!!!

You're not going to die. Doctors watch high blood pressure in pregnant women very carefully so if anything they'll be so careful with you that the tiny likelihood of something serious going wrong will be further diminished. Sounds like you have anxiety. Try to relax - everything's fine

i was just going to point out that the mortality rate in mothers is aproximately .01% and when your account for the third world countries that don't get healthcare which attributes to most of the deaths the chances are so low...
Out of all recent recorded deaths during child birth under 20% of those cases were actual deaths during... the others were all with complications after birth which majoritally could have been avoided with adequate health care facilities...

so one u divide that .01% to take out the third world country deaths...and only take 20% of that then u are looking at a rate thats really really improbable...

so long story short... if u don't live in a third world country and u get adequate health care u would have to have major major underlying issues... like bigger than blood pressure to have a chance of dying...your more likely to be hit by a bus.

hope that kind of helped. lol stats are way on our side.

Oh hun you are not going to die! You'll be perfect, don't worry about it at all. I've never heard of any woman dying from high BP in a hospital recently. There are some deaths under specific circumstances (home births, or like other posters mentioned 3rd world counties, and women who didn't get adequate care.)
BUT this is not going to happen to you. You'll have the best care.
Many hugs!!! <3

Awwww hun don't worry about it! I had high blood pressure (pe) with my daughter and I had a pretty normal delivery after being induced.
If they are even in the slightest worried during child birth they know exactly what to do to keep you and baby safe. So you will be just fine :)

I had high blood pressure with my 1st and had a home birth, im still here and now expecting baby 3. Dont stress urself out cos it will just raise ur bp. You will be fine.

I had pre e with my first and here with my second and have high blood pressure again dont worry hun you are not going to die.

thanks ladies :) I think I'm having a last minute freak out!! I'll be glad when this is over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->