High blood pressure and fast heartrate!

JakesMummy

Expecting
Reaction score
Hi there,

I went to my GP yesterday to confirm pregnancy and be referred to midwifes. Whilst there, the GP took my BP three times on one of the automatic machines (still prefer the old-fashioned way!) and it was reading 140/90 as average and my heartrate was late 80s. I am so so paranoid that things are going to affect me! I have no history of high BP, this has only just happened.

It may be worth noting that I have had a lot if grief recently, my dad passing away, losing a baby to T21, stress over my sons school could this all be affecting it? I get major health anxiety and think the absolute worse of everything.

So I have though to myself "what can I do to improve it"? I am going to walk everywhere, so at least 1 hours worth each day of brisk walking to school etc. Drink more water, and cut out all the crap. I a few pounds over weight so that could help, I just feel so useless and scared!!!

Anyone else have high bp in the early stages of pregnancy and did it go down?

I guess I'm hoping it was Anxiety at the doctors, but since then my pulse has been racing :( I am due to go back on Monday to have it redone.

At my booking in appointment with Ds my bp was 140/90 and it kind of hovered round there all pregnancy. At the end it rose a bit and i had an abnormal blood test so was in for monitoring every other day. Due to high bp and previous csec i was given a sweep at 38 weeks... My bp tends to be on high side however after recently losing a stone and half at booking in this time it was 120ish/80 something most normal its ever been! :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm guessing losing a bit of weight will help me, too! Just freakin out as I've never had it before now I'm scared of what could happen!

Hi dear! I am sorry for your losses :hugs:
I don't have any advise as I have a low blood pressure in general and was still low in my 8 week appointment.
I think you are doing the best you can though, with walking and eating a healthier diet. Your doctor or midwife will give you all the guidance you need, please don't stress so much :hugs:

Thankyou so much!! I am getting used in such a pickle!! I must learn to calm down but since losing my dad, it's got worse! I'll chat to the nurse when I see her, or else I fear I'll go mad!

Thankyou for your kind words x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->