High Blood Pressure at 10wks

Lissa_

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this? My blood pressure is usually normal and everything I look at on the net says that blood pressure is lower up to 24wks than pre-pg levels and then slightly higher after 24wks. Mines def not lower! I can't find any info on what it means and/or causes of high blood pressure before 24wks. Being only 10wks pg it was a bit of a shock!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, it's all relative to what your usual blood pressure is - what sort of figures do you normally get and how much has it gone up by? Blood pressure drops when we get dehydrated as there is less fluid in our bodies. 120/80 is a normal level for adults but is often lower in younger women. Mine is usually 110/70 and has been 100/60 whilst I've been dehydrated becauase of MS - veins can become more dilated in pregnancy which again drops the blood pressure. There are loads of causes of high blood pressure - if your BP remains significantly higher than your usual, your doc will probably investigate you. :hug:

Mine has been different at every appointment! When I was 5 weeks I was suffering some severe swelling and high blood pressure (the doctor said it was due to being so humid) it was about 160/90. At my next 2 appointments I was very low, at 90/60 but just recently went back up to 110/80. One of these days it WILL stay the same lol

Blood pressures that are consistently high prior to 20 weeks could be from pregnancy bringing out an underlying condition. You may possible be diagnosed with Chronic Hypertension. Blood pressure that increases after 20 weeks is called Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) or Gestational Hypertension (GH). All can be managed with medication if they are too high. And as long as there is no maternal or fetal compromise, you keep on baby cooking! Hope this helps!

Talk to your doctor about your concerns, and also know that your blood pressure changes throughout the day as well. Blood pressure can be affected by a lot of things, such as being too hot or worried or from walking somewhere briskly. My BP can be low in the morning, then hit a higher note in the afternoon and then drop again. Just monitor it, know what is normal for you and if you have any concerns see your doctor.

My doctor tells me to lay on my left side drink tuns of water and lay off the salt. She literally yells at me. "STOP the chips or can foods janis!" HB isnt good in pregnancy and can result in a very serious complication such as pre eclampsia. Hugs I hope it stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->