High blood pressure, but no protein found..

Shawty

It's a Boy!
Reaction score
I went into an appointment Monday and my blood pressure was high, they took it three different times and it was high all of those times. So they sent me to labor and delivery. I was kept overnight to be monitored. My blood pressure was really high one hour, then normal the next.. Then it would go up again. It was normal and stayed normal once I was in bed for about 6 hours. Then they sent me home in the morning. There was no protein in my urine & all of my other tests came back fine.

I've been getting frequent headaches that don't last more than an hour and I've been seeing stars too. Could this be because of my blood pressure? & What would cause it to go up and down like it was? Has anyone experienced this and developed preeclampsia later on?

Don't have much to say, except at my last check up at 28 weeks my blood pressure to start was 164/77 and then second time still high did not tell me what. Took it again with me laying on my left side for 5 mins. Then it was 135/77. Doctor said he isn't too concerned at the moment, BUT he will see what happens on this Friday. If I have high BP again he will be doing weekly check ups on me. I also have no protein in urine and no other signs. I do know high bp can be one sign of Pre eclampsia or it could just be pregnancy related that your bp is high while being pregnant. (Can be taken care of with medication and from my knowledge can happen anytime in pregnancy).

I have experienced elevated blood pressure without protein for pretty much my whole pregnancy. It is never high enough for the doctor to be too concerned, but something I have to keep an eye on.

I have read that you can develop hypertension in pregnancy, and not have it turn into preeclampsia. But I also know that preeclampsia can come on very suddenly. One of my friends actually developed it in labor!

It's good that you're in the hospital being monitored. I would probably say the headaches and vision changes are due to your blood pressure.

Fingers crossed for you that everything is okay. They may just make you rest a lot :)

When I was admitted my blood pressure was 180/108, after a while of laying on my left side it went down to 140/95. Once I fell asleep it went back to normal.. I haven't had any problems with it earlier in the pregnancy though, so why now?

Oh, don't know if this is related or not, but, I've been having irregular period like cramps that actually kind of hurt, nothing like the braxton hicks I normally get. My follow up appointment is tomorrow, I'll be sure to bring it up, but would high blood pressure cause pains like that too?

At my appointment yesterday my blood pressure was high enough to get me diagnosed with gestational hypertension and signed off of work. My doctor had me do bloodwork/urine today and it all came back normal, with no trace of protein, so they don't think it's pre-e at this point. For some reason my blood pressure just spiked. I think the further along you are the less likely it will turn into other complications.

They are still letting me continue with the pregnancy (I'm doing my best to avoid an induction!), but I had to pinky swear I'd call if I started to get a headache or saw spots. Maybe call back and tell them about the other symptoms if you haven't? I've also been having period cramps as well that come and go, but no idea if that is related to just pregnancy or the elevated blood pressure!

Good luck :hugs:

With my first pregnancy, my bp was normal until 36 weeks, at which point it jumped to 140s-150s/high 90s and stayed there. I never showed protein at any of my weekly visits thereafter, but at 40+1, I started having upper abdominal pain. Got worse over a 3 day period, I called my doc ,and was told to go to the hospital. Labs were run, and I was in severe HELLP syndrome. I wasn't favorable for induction, and was prepped for an emergency c section. Baby was fine, and I started improving 24 hours or so later. Pay close attention to how you are feeling and don't ignore anything that seems off. Hope you and baby stay healthy!

What's HELLP? I never heard of that one..

... Just got done googling it. Not quite sure what most of it means, but it has to do with the liver right? I guess it doesn't help that I already have hepatitis c, so any tests they run on my liver are going to come back bad anyways.

I was diagnosed with PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) at approx 27 weeks and am taking methyldopa medication to control it. It has been increased twice so now taking 4 tablets a day. It's never been really high but always 150s/90s. Its now 130s/80s. I think it depends on the hospital but I was referred to a consultant who decided to ensure I have 2 growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks. I went in last week with a constant headache but bp was only just borderline high so they put me on bedrest which seems to be helping I think. I'm just borer now! Never ignore any symptoms hun. You know what's right/not right for your body. I've been told they won't let me go past due date and are watching closely for preeclampsia.

I just got back from my follow up appointment. My blood pressure is still a little high, but not bad. 138/90. I'm going to have more frequent appointments to check it, they don't have me on any medicine though.

Does blood pressure affect growth? Because my last two appointments the baby was measuring on time. But before he was always measuring a week or two ahead. I've also started loosing weight. My doctor doesn't seem concerned, but I'm paranoid about it. Should I ask for a growth scan?

I was told that it can affect growth as not enough blood gets to the placenta in some cases but it seems the medication (which just relaxes the arteries so more blood can flow through) is doing it's job. At 32 week scan...she measured in the 75th percentile and weighed approx 4lb 8oz. The sonographer said she was slightly larger than average. Got my next growth scan next Friday so will be interesting to see the difference. But Im having GTT tomorrow as I've had glucose in urine on 3 random occasions so maybe that's why she's a bit bigger.

What's HELLP? I never heard of that one..

... Just got done googling it. Not quite sure what most of it means, but it has to do with the liver right? I guess it doesn't help that I already have hepatitis c, so any tests they run on my liver are going to come back bad anyways.

Yes, it has to do with the liver, but has a lot of the same characteristics of pre-e. It's a form of toxemia like pre-e, but add breakdown of red blood cells, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->