high blood pressure question???

snuggles82

Reaction score
I went in for my check up today and bl was 140/80. OB said it was high and I was put on bedrest. Ladies with high Hp when were you put on bedrest if at all and how high was your BP?
I should mention that it came down from 144/83 at last checkup.

Mine was in the 140/80 range for while and she just had me monitor it at home. She did take me out of work, but not official bed rest to reduce stress and help bring it down at 16 weeks. Now my BP normally runs 120 or under/ about 70. She didn't want meds or anything unless it was up to 150/100 (which it was the first time I saw her, but I am sure was 100% stress from worrying about seeing a dead baby on our first U/S- if they had rechecked it after I'm sure it would have been fine).

I'm surprised they put you on bed rest for that number. I usually run a little on the higher side when I'm not pregnant but this pregnancy has put me consistently around 140-something/90-something. I'm also on Procardia 30XL for my BP. I don't trust my OB as much as my MFM doctor but both seem to agree that they consider high 140/90. Bed rest has been mentioned to me but I was just told to take it easy and try to relax more. Maybe you can monitor at home and then they can possibly reevaluate bed rest? I would hate to have to stay in bed all day as it hurts my hips after a while. Hoping your BP goes down a bit and they're able to let you off :flower:.

I was put on bedrest at 35 wks with a bp of 150/80ish?? I was also diagnosed with mild pre-e. It's quite a jump seeing as my normal bp this pregnancy has been about 120/80 or lower.

My pressure has been up and down, I am now on Labetlol, 2 times daily, even on the medication it has been higher than that and my dr. hasn't said anything going on bedrest, that really surprises me that they would put you on bedrest for that?!?!

I was taken off work at 30 weeks with blood pressure around 140/90. Now I am on modified bed rest and 180mg of adalat per day because it is up around 150/100 :( I am getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks to monitor baby and seeing the doctor weekly. If the lower number is 100+ at home, then I am to lay on my left side for 20 minutes and then check again. If it is still over 100+ I am supposed to go to L&D. I do also have kidney disease so I am at extra risk and started the pregnancy with high blood pressure as well (I was on medication before I even got pregnant).

I know I didn't think that my BP was too high. My normal BP is around 118/59ish . I have to do a 24 hour urine collection and I'm also going in for a growth scan on Tuesday as baby is measuring 3-4 weeks ahead. Maybe he has other reasons for the bedrest that he isn't ready to share yet.

Thanks ladies for sharing. I was just curious because it didn't seem overly high.

Since your normal bp is typically 118/59 and the top and bottom numbers jumped over 20, they are taking precautions. My normal bp is typically 115/70-120/80 depending on the day. That is what it has been all pregnancy, so if it jumped significantly all of a sudden, my doctor would be concerned. Try not to worry though b/c it really isn't that high :)

Thats not too bad, ive been going in every couple of days for regular checks and told to take it easy for now as last prenatal check up (last week) my BP was 130/98 so when the bottom number gets to 100 i will be induced right away but they said to take it easy relax and not get stressed out

I can't give you numbers, but my entire life my blood pressure has been slightly lower than normal - but my docs have never been concerned, just normal for me.

I've never had any high blood pressure problems in my other pregnancies, but this pregnancy they noticed that my blood pressure was actually higher than normal. They had me rest for 20 minutes and that brought it down a little - but my doc basically said to exercise and cut out sodium. I was never put on bedrest - that seems counter productive to fixing the problem since I was told to exercise.

Well, I didn't start exercising, LOL, but I did cut out a lot of sodium - that I was completely unaware I was even having! If I eat fast food, I eat kid meals normally. I almost never salt my food either. But I realized that eating a can of soup was like 800mg of sodium per serving.. so 1600mg of sodium for the whole can. How insane! I would eat those soups 3 or 4 times for lunch a week. So I stopped and I quit drinking soda and started drinking more water and my blood pressure was normal by my next appointment. :)

My BP was that same reading at my appointment today and nothing was said about bedrest. Exercise and cutting down sodium were the recommendations.

My bp was 169/97. I wasn't put on bedrest. I was admitted in hospital but that was to see if the extra meds started to work. I'm on 3x Labetalol a day and 1 Adalat. And then I'm being checked every week and I'm having a sweep on Tuesday because it stays around 145/85 with the extra meds.

i was never put on bedrest at 29 weeks my Diastolic number was reading 90-100ish so i was told i have pregnancy induced hypertension put on labetalol 200mg twice a day, it worked a treat for 3 weeks which my BP then went straight back up and i was then diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, for the next week we went from 200mg twice a day to 400mg four times a day including 30mg of nafedipine twice a day and at that point i was 160/112 and had been for an entire week while they tried to bring it down so they said it was too dangerous to continue screwing with my meds and induced me at 33+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->