High BMI and folic acid intake

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if I need to take extra folic acid because I have a high BMI? :flower:

Ive heard u do hun but check with doc. Im taking fabfol and one folic acid tablet so im taking extra. My bmi is high

Yeah I was thinking i heard right. However, I dont plan to tell the docs I am pregnant for a little while, so have just been taking 2 a day atm. But sure I need to be taking more.

Thanks for replying though!

hi..yes you have to take 5mg tablets instead of 400mcg...well that is what i was prescribed anyway ..My bmi is 33 x

Thanks, thinking I should ring the docs on monday, as that is a massive difference.

i know.. i was like are u sure ? as i thought it was way to much , but aparantly that is the dose for high bmi...altho my bmi was 30 with my daughter and i took the 400mcg....but yea id defo ring your dr x

Yes you do - 5mg rather than 400mcg. Contact your GP and they'll give you a prescription.

I took 5 mg a month before trying when I remembered and religiously everyday till 16 weeks when I was pregnant.

( but I have a sister with 3 children with spinabifida too )

can't you purchase 5mg otc there? I can get 5 and 10 here over the counter.

I wouldn't bother buying it if you can get it prescribed for free. One of the only perks of being pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->