High BMI and wanting a home birth

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
At booking in I had a bmi of 41,and I'm wanting a home birth,I know i've got a fight on my hands... :cry:

It takes two to have a fight, if you refuse enter into it then they cant say much.

I had a booking BMI of 41 and wanted a home birth. The consultant said no but i told her that i knew my rights and its my right to have a baby where i want. My midwife said that as-long as i was willing to transfer if they recommended it then they had no issues with me having baby at home. It never happened as she came at 35 weeks but if you do your homework then their efforts will be useless.

It takes two to have a fight, if you refuse enter into it then they cant say much.

I had a booking BMI of 41 and wanted a home birth. The consultant said no but i told her that i knew my rights and its my right to have a baby where i want. My midwife said that as-long as i was willing to transfer if they recommended it then they had no issues with me having baby at home. It never happened as she came at 35 weeks but if you do your homework then their efforts will be useless.

This gives me loads of hope, i really want a home birth this time, as it is definately my last (number 6) :wacko:
and so i would like it to be as relaxed and easy as possible, and my midwife agrees that given my history i would make the perfect candidate for a home birth, it's just my BMI :growlmad: which at booking was 45 :/

I'm not going to give up though I will research til I can counter every reason they come up with :)

Thank you so much x

I had/have a BMI of about 42, and nothing negative was ever said about my weight. I had a very successful home birth at 38 weeks with my last baby. My weight gave me absolutely no trouble with any aspect of my pregnancy or labor and delivery, so it was never even talked about. Hope that helps!

my BMI is in the high 40's and I'm having one. :D. Mind you, I'm in Aust so its not on the public system as that don't do that over here, so I have a private MW instead. High BMI alone is not a reason not to HB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->