High BP and trace protein at 30 weeks, anyone else?

Lilli

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Bit worried about what's happening with my body!
I had high BP, but no protein in my sample at my 28 week appointment so they told me to come back at 30 weeks. Now i have trace protein and still high BP... So they've told me to come back in a week and to buy a BP monitor to check my BP at least 2 or 3 times a week at home...
Few other symptoms like black floaty spots in my vision and mega itchy on occasion. Sometimes i can sort of feel my pulse in my whole body.

Just wondering if anyone else is going through this, or has been and was fine?

Trying to rest with a toddler is not that easy!
I work 3 days a week and can take it relatively slowly there but tomorrow we are moving in with my in laws for 4 weeks :wacko: while our house extension is completed, not going to be very relaxing :dohh:

Hey hun I had high BP from 20+ weeks with my LG. Apparently any amount of high BP (especially if the bottom figure is 90+) then this will automatically cause protein to be present. I was put on medication and monitored and we were induced at 37 weeks because it wouldn't settle or stay down. At 35 weeks I was admitted for 5 days for various reasons incl. high BP, fast heart beat and protein and did a 24 hour sample. Although protein was consistently present it never turned in to pre-e so it's best not over thinking if possible :flow:

I don't know had been left to go to 40+ weeks whether pre-e would have developed but it was closely monitored and me and baby were fine. We were induced and took 3 days to deliver but we were both fine and she was a perfect 6lb 13oz

Good luck! :flower:

I had high bp and +++ protein with the other symptoms you described over the course of a week at 27 weeks and I had to have an emcs . Hopefully they'll be able to control it for you

Hey hun I had high BP from 20+ weeks with my LG. Apparently any amount of high BP (especially if the bottom figure is 90+) then this will automatically cause protein to be present. I was put on medication and monitored and we were induced at 37 weeks because it wouldn't settle or stay down. At 35 weeks I was admitted for 5 days for various reasons incl. high BP, fast heart beat and protein and did a 24 hour sample. Although protein was consistently present it never turned in to pre-e so it's best not over thinking if possible :flow:

I don't know had been left to go to 40+ weeks whether pre-e would have developed but it was closely monitored and me and baby were fine. We were induced and took 3 days to deliver but we were both fine and she was a perfect 6lb 13oz

Thank you. I would hate to have to be in hospital cos it'd mean leaving my toddler :( Really hope it all settles down...

High blood pressure doesn't automatically cause protein in the urine.

Thank you. I would hate to have to be in hospital cos it'd mean leaving my toddler :( Really hope it all settles down...

I had to be in 4 days the other week, leaving my toddler for the first time, it broke my heart but he hardly noticed! I've had raised bp and protein but it seems to have settled itself or now and I'm resting at home, I'm really scared it will come back though

High blood pressure doesn't automatically cause protein in the urine.

My MW at the hospital told me really high BP will always cause some traces of protein as high BP stops the kidneys bing able to discrete protein:

https://www.mylifestages.org/asktheexpert/QuestionAnswer.page?questionid=1694

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/protein-in-urine/MY00630/DSECTION=causes

There's also a couple of links explaining it does. It depends how HIGH the BP is and my MW said anything with a bottom no. /90+ but closer to /100+ will always show trace protein

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->