High grade abnormal smear only 21 :( !!!! Does this mean it will be cancer ?

bettybee1

Reaction score
Was supposed too be going for my 2nd ivf but obvousliy can't now :( anyone had the abnormal cells ? X

hi hun, ive had an abnormal result from a smear test years ago, i was supposed to go for a colposcopy i think its called but found out i was expecting so couldnt, anyway all of my smear results since have been normal, so no iy doesnt always mean cancer, i think it means these abnormal cells have the potential to turn cancerous, im not sure what high grade means, maybe you should go and see your gp and get them to explain your results to you ? just ti put your mind at rest and its good yoive had your smear and they are aware of the abnormal cells and can now keep a close eye for any changes x

Thanks hun , I went too my gp yesturday he explained there pre cancerous with the potential of turning to cancer in maybe 1 year or coud be 20years or not at all ,

I'll be going Tnro for my colposcopy , they will do treatment there and then. If they can and a biopsy ! Am vert nervous hopeing there not as bad as the smear suggested blahh !!!

But at least I caught them early !! X

thats good that they've detected the abnormal cells and can keep an eye an treat them, try not to worry and just keep going for them smears x

Hey Betty, I had abnormal smears for years, had a colposcopy done and a biopsy. Came back as pre cancerous which as you said basically means that the cells can 'possibly' turn cancerous one day in the future.
As far as ivf went I was told in order to egg share I needed a normal smear result. I had smears 6 monthly after the biopsy, I'm sure if you speak to your dr they would even bring this forward as usually after treatment your smears will go back to normal x

Hey , thanks ladies I went for lletz on Wednesday he said it would be highly unlikely it would be Anythng else Fingerscrossed I get all clear !!!!

The docter said I can start ivf as soon as the biopsy is back ad clear and aslong as my cervix is healed 3-4 weeks !!! When I get the results for my biopsy I have too take then too the ivf docter !

Bumski - which treatment did you have ? Xx

It wasn't the cone biopsy if that's a help, can't remember the name. I absolutely s**t myself when they did it but truthfully felt nothing, there was a bit of burning going on but the nurses were amazing and kept me talking.
I healed within weeks too so keeping my fx its really quick for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->