High HCG levels at 3 weeks 4 days - Bad sign?

foto2426

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Like the post title says, I'm 3 weeks 4 days today. I got my hcg tested Monday, Wednesday, and today (Friday). Numbers were 16, 112, and 408. I'm so nervous about miscarrying again (3 losses) and worried it's a molar or ectopic pregnancy. Anyone experience the same thing and everything turned out ok?

Your levels look good. I didn't have mine that early, but at 4w6d mine were over 18,000. The online charts would have put me in the 6 weeks range, but I wasn't. My OB said hcg can vary widely and as long as it's rising appropriately, that's all he looks at. Good luck and congratulations!

Your levels look good. I didn't have mine that early, but at 4w6d mine were over 18,000. The online charts would have put me in the 6 weeks range, but I wasn't. My OB said hcg can vary widely and as long as it's rising appropriately, that's all he looks at. Good luck and congratulations!

Thank you so much! This makes me feel better. Wow, your number was really high early on!

My hcg numbers at 6.5 weeks were 110,000 which is above normal range. My midwife wasn't worried about it though because the numbers were rising appropriately.

Ectopic pregnancies usually have hcgs on the low end from what I understand. Molar pregnancies are on the higher end but rare, are they going to recheck you again?

I was worried about what the high hcg level means as well, from what I understand most commonly it means nothing except a robust baby but could indicate multiple babies. I did read that high hcg could mean birth defects but after reading further that is only associated with the free hcg that the baby makes in the second trimester, not the beta hcg that the mom makes and is measured early on.

Did you express your worries to your midwife or doctor?

Your numbers don't seem that high very average. Reading on here I've seen a lot higher so I think yours look perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->