High Progesterone Levels & Twins?

LoveSeel

Reaction score
I had a BETA and Progesterone test yesterday. I was 12 dpo.

They didn't tell me my BETA number, but said it looked like I was 4 - 4 1/2 weeks pregnant.

My progesterone level was at a 100.3. They said it was really high, and they normally like to see it above 15, but they said it was a good sign and nothing to worry about.

At 5 dpo my progesterone level was 36.

I was on Clomid so I know my chances for twins is higher than most, but I was curious if any of you ladies also have a high progesterone level.

My theory is that perhaps I ovulated from two follicles, and thus both ovaries are producing progesterone? But that doesn't mean that both eggs would have necessarily been fertilized.

I am thrilled to be pregnant! One or two babies is fine. :baby::baby:

You can have high progesterone levels and still be only pregnant with one...HCG numbers and doubling time are more an indicative of twins at this stage and yet I have seen really high HCG numbers and just one baby. I suffer from low progesterone but with supplementation in my first pregnancy my levels were of 75...however I will love to hear from you if you have twins or just one baby...

I'm pregnant with twins and my 7DPO progesterone level was 23 and at 4 weeks it was 27. It was not an indication of twins and I also took Clomid with 2 follicles released. Just like high hcg can indicate twin pregnancy, so can high progesterone, but there are some women who will be pregnant with one baby who can have either one be high. The only real way to tell is through an u/s. The chance of twins on Clomid is only about 8% so chances are it's just one baby, though it is possible you could be having twins. You will just have to wait and see. :)

Just an update about my HIGH progesterone.... I am having twins. I'm very excited, but scared about the possible complications!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->