High Prolactin

sarah2211

Reaction score
I've had some fertility testing done lately and it's all been suggestive of 'just' PCOS.

But when I went to get the blood test results I found that my prolactin was high. The results had a whole list of things that could cause high prolactin and it said the most common cause was tumours...!

Anyway, I've seen a few people posting about high prolactin lately and wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Thanks.

Hi. What were your numbers and where were you in your cycle? It's only likely to be a tumour (non cancerous) if it's super high and can be treated. Most common causes otherwise are medication or stress. I had high prolactin. Had no treatment other than acupuncture and have still got pregnant so it can be done. My boobs still really hurt though so I bet it's off the scale now I'm pregnant!

My prolactin was high, and before I was diagnosed with PCOS that was the only thing that was off.. It wasnt very high ... it can be elevated by SO many things... even something like nipple stimulation the night before tests (LOL) and also stress which I think was my issue. The next test I had showed it went back down to normal. Generally they do a retest and only if its high again do they do anything about it at all. Good luck!

I have a prolactinoma (benign tumor in pituitary gland) which was causing irregular menstrual cycles and elevated prolactin. It hasn't really caused any issues. I took meds for a short period of time but decided the side effects were worse than an irregular cycle. Just thought I would let you know that even a "tumor" may not be troublesome at all so don't be afraid! I will pray that everything goes well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->