high white blood cell count at 33 weeks....anyone else?

sjtttc

new mum!
Reaction score
I'm almost 33 weeks and after having a recent full blood count check as I'm anemic..they found I had high levels of white blood cells. Has anyone else had this at all and know what it might mean? I've taken a quick peek on google and it mentions possible infection. Coincidentally...I have had on/off kidney and back ache but it almost always wrapped around and felt like Braxton hicks so thought it was normal...maybe not!

Well normally a high white blood cell (wbc) count is an indicator of infection as it is the wbc that fight infection. So when you are ill your body produces more to fight off whatever it is you have got. However my understanding is that in pregnancy wbc is always higher than normal. Not certain why but both my pregnancy mine has been higher and all my mw said this is normal. What was your number? Mine at 35 weeks was 16. The normal upper limit is 11.

Thanks for replying. I don't know what mine is. Just received a call from doctors to ask.me to go in tomorro before midwife app to be reviewed.....maybe I'll find out tomorrow. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->