High White Cell Count In Pregnancy - WCC

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Right so following my appointment this morning and her sending me to the consultant/high risk unit Wednesday I decided to look up in my notes the results, term & search that thing I advise against ...'Google'.

Anyway the result that is suppose to be between 4-11 highest in pregnancy that was 28 is WCC white blood cell count.

Anyone know anything 8-[

Some of the other levels are high - gonna look up what they mean in a bit

my white blood cells have been high at each test this pregnancy was 18 the last one no one metioned it so dont know what it means

also high was heamatocrit and basophils- (sp?) but again no one said anytihng much about it so must be ok!

sophie

I'm guessing the 4-11 is expected result in pregnancy and maybe slightly out would be no concern but mines more than double ...I see references of no need to worry but why send me to the high risk unit for nothing? I hate being sent places for nothing lol

Aren't white blood cells what fight infections? Don't know, can't remember but I saw a programme once about red and white blood cells . . . From what I can gather high white blood cells can indicate infection, which is why you are making more of them.

Hope it is nothing though! :hugs:

I'm not knowledgeable about that type of thing...
and boy am I glad they don't hand me the info about my appointments or i'd panic about everything by using google!!
I hope it's nothing big, and that she's just sending you to be sure!!!

Yer SCS said that among other reasons :shock: lukemia (sp) is one reference I found but I don't think thats it.

Just wondering if I'm going to walk in after waiting 2 hours longer than booked appointment Wednesday to be told some standard info and sent home at the cost of £14 to get there an back.

Not panicing or nothing Nat lol just curious - if I was dying I'd have been sent there today :lol:

Results: 6 causes of High white cell count

1. Acute infections
2. Bacterial diseases
3. Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia
4. Fungal infections
5. Pregnancy
6. Viral diseases

I'm going to say maybe you have an infection of some sort... are you feeling different than normal? Plus - it doesn't specify WHY pregnancy gives you high white blood count on the site I just looked at... But the majority of pages says infection.. so it could be just a simple infection that antibiotics would get rid of in a few days!

And - I always panic... I swear to god the most horrible pages come up for me when I google something I want to know!!! :rofl: Just always gives me the worst of the worst. Google is my enemy most of the time!!!! LOL

Let us know after the appointment! I'm quite curious about this now!

Anything below 10 is fine, above that indicates an infection. Though some people, like me, always have a high count. Have you had a cold or anything recently?

Im a nurse btw - or was until i became a sahm x

Anything below 10 is fine, above that indicates an infection. Though some people, like me, always have a high count. Have you had a cold or anything recently?

Im a nurse btw - or was until i became a sahm x
No hun - I just took that turn on Friday with the pains and vomitting no sign of cold etc I'm rarely ill but I was in a lot of agony x

All the water samples/tests were fine no sign of infection there ...

IYO fedup do you think theres any need to sendme to high risk clinic?

I think the whole right side thing has me baffled more than anything. Still unclear what could have even caused that surely not a 'bug'?

hey hun, was the top right hand corner of your bump painfull to touc and a sort of breath taking stitch now and again and a pins and needly type feeling? only i had that at 36 (ish) weeks and they took me for a liver function test...x

:hugs: good luck wobbles, do hope you feel better soon, i too think it indicates infection - maybe a tummy one x

hey hun, was the top right hand corner of your bump painfull to touc and a sort of breath taking stitch now and again and a pins and needly type feeling? only i had that at 36 (ish) weeks and they took me for a liver function test...x

I had pains from my neak down to the bottom of my bump on the right side only I couldn't move my arm properly so it wasn't just in one spot. Was very weird.

Step away from google , you of all people know that no good ever comes from google :lol: I'm one to be talking :dohh:

I was always led to believe (Joe had a problem with his wcc) that it was an infection/being ill that led to its rise. The way you were sick could have been a gastric infection maybe?

Anyway I hope it goes well Wednesday and they don't keep you too long :hugs:

wobbles, when I had the liver/kidneys probs last time the pain was through the top of my tummy on thr right side and into my back and shoulder, very little down lower. mine never got that serious as they delivered him straight away as i got it. If they thought it was a something like that im sure they would have wanted to keep you in when you went :)

sophie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->