Hip pain...

waiting2c

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I am still in the very early days here but for the past week have on and off had a pulling dull ache in my left hip, very very occasionally it will be in the right side but but is fairly consistant on the left. Its not all day but it get worse if I sit for long periods.

Any ideas? It has me worried about an eptopic.
Could it be growing pains this early on a 2nd pregnancy?

I had awful hip pain at the start, bad enough it woke me up in the night. Now it comes and goes, but it's still there. It's probably just growing pains, but since it's concentrated on mainly one side it would be a good idea to mention it to your doctor.

mine doesnt wake me up at night, its not that it is painful, more that its there a lot.

It could just be growing pains, still mention it to your doctor especially if anything that worries you starts up. My original OB thought I was having an ectopic because of the pains I was having, although they came and went it was never constant but all turned out to be ok.

thanks! I will make an appt for my day off this week and get it checked out :)

Best of luck!:thumbup: I'm sure everything's fine :) On the bright side, with the doctors thinking I was having an ectopic I got an early scan at 6 weeks lol

Where in your hip area?

Every single pregnancy I have had (and though I only have 2 term babies, I've been pregnant a LOT), my left hip starts to hurt about 5 weeks in.

Found out later that it's sciatica flaring up from the release of relaxin hormone with pregnancy. It is a hormone your body releases to help prepare your pelvis to expand for carrying and birthing.

If it hurts in your hip joint upwards to the top of your hip bone with soreness in your back muscles, and down the leg a bit, that might be the issue.

I've had some hip pain too, but it's been due to sciatica. It's probably nothing serious. Don't worry yourself too much!

It's in my hip bone area, but do tend to have lower back pain with it on occasion also so maybe it is sciatica?

It's in my hip bone area, but do tend to have lower back pain with it on occasion also so maybe it is sciatica?

Were I a medical professional and had to guess, yes, I'd say sciatica.

Mine starts right in the joint and gravitates north to the top of the hip bone, then across the muscle to the spine area. Also some down the leg on the outside to the knee.

Cool im going to hope for that then! Rang drs surgery and spoke with nurse and she said unlikely to be eptopic at 4 weeks, but made appt for tomorrow anyway

I would think its too early for ectopic to be affecting you. My guess would have to be corpus leutum cyst, or sciatica. If the pain is more in the front I would say cyst, but if its gravitates toward the back sciatica. I had the corpus leutum pain the first month, and now I'm having nerve pain. I have nerve damage so it will be getting worse for me I'm sure. I hope everything goes well at ur appointment. Im sure it will. Let us know how you get on.

My hips feel bruised and painful from around 5 weeks everything gets softer and relaxes earlier with subsequent pregnancies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->