Hip Pain

poweris3

Reaction score
Hiya,

I had SPD when I was pregnant and was expecting it to get better after delivery. LO is 6 weeks old tomorrow and it's getting worse, not better. The right hip is fine now but the left one is agony. I can barely walk without wanting to cry, the stairs are a nightmare and picking LO up is really hard too. GP sent me for an Xray, has done lots of blood tests and it basically stumped as nothing appears to be wrong with me lol. The calf in that leg is also getting tighter and more painful (I have to walk on tiptoes a lot now) but that might be because I'm walking differently due to the pain.

Has anyone else had this after labour? I can't even go out with my son as we live in a hilly town and I can't walk up or down hill without lots of pain. Our car died last weekend so I'm stuck in the house lol. Theres a mum and baby group in town and I really badly want to go and make friends but I'd never make it. (Last week my hip gave way and I feel to the floor so I'm not risking taking LO out on my own at all incase the worst happens).

If anyone else has had this, how long did it last and what helped? I'm on Diclofenac but that just makes me sleepy so not a lot of cop for going out and about haha.

ask for a MRI

I have had hip pain ever since I have had my lo and he is now 30months old I had an x-ray in jan Dec and they found nothing but I had a MRI in Jan and they found a small degenerative cyst which is really tiny thus not doing anything apart from checking it every year of it gets really big then they will have to do a bone graft.

Not saying it is that but a MRI will pick more up than an x-ray

good luck

Oh that sounds horrible, poor you! I'll ask about an MRI next time I'm in the dr's (which is tomorrow as I've had a bad reaction to the diclofenac and seeing as I'm allergic to codeine I'm buggered re: taking anything else cos of BFing lol)

Thanks for the reply and advice :) xx

no problem tbh i can live with the comfort and pain have done with my feet and knees since I was a teenager but it is quite a pain lol

Hope everything is ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->