Hit the 6 week spurt. Help!

toffee87

Reaction score
We've hit the 6 week growth spurt and oh my days it's hard work. I can get through it, cause I know it's only temporary. The last week I've been feeling a bit fed up with it in general, cause he went from 3 hour gaps between feeds to 2 and 1/4 to 2 and 3/4 and clustering at night (sometimes the first sleep at night hits 3.5-4 hours). I'm not the best fan of feeding in public even though I've bought a cover. I just feel isolated and tied down, I really don't want to give up, but I feel like I've hit a brick wall :-(

I know FF babies don't necessarily go longer, and if they do I know the reasons why with regards to digestion. And I know I can express and get hubby to help, but the fact that I have to pump anyway just makes me think what's the point in pumping.

Sorry, I just feel the need to moan :-(

Chin up mama you're doing great! During these growth spurts it seems like we're tied down 24/7 but they only usually last 2-3 days.
x

you can get through this! you know it's only temporary and that it will pass so that is half the battle. the other side of the battle is the acceptance of being sofa bound with LO until it does pass. Hang on in there, it WILL be better soon x x

Hang in there. And take comfort in the fact that your baby's cluster feeds are still less frequent than my baby's normal feeds are all day every day. :p 2 1/4 hours sounds like a dream!!

Thanks all,

He's back to his usual 2.5 hours-ish, including at night. I hope the nights adjust a bit soon ;)

His weight gain is great though and obviously I want that to continue :) at the moment he's putting on approx a pound a week.

That didn't last long. Today and last night he's been every 1-2 hours. Is it normal to last this long?

I think it can last a few days. Hopefully you're at the end of it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->