Hits and misses ...

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
any so far ...

Ours are .. (from what he have opened)

5yo: Hits: Tablet! he's not put it down! and ninja turtles sewer playset

misses: The wild spider he harped on for for ages :dohh: he is terrified of it :haha: as is 3yo who also wanted one.

3yo: Hits! switch and go t-rex he loves it. i must say it is rather impressive!

no misses so far but we havn't had a chance to open much as he went to his dads before dinner time to open presents there.

Everything was a hit with thomas this year (4). He loved his paw patrol lookout set, iron man arc fx hands, duplo, keyboard and microphone, transformers dress up and more.

The only thing He is wary of is pop up pirate. He doesn't quite get it.

aw bless him i'm glad he loved it all!

another miss was pie face or splat. morgan liked it to start with then decided he didnt want to splat his face, so i can't see it being something we play often.

Hits: her playhouse. She went up to the loft once and quickly climbed down, which surprised me. Also, her harmonica and doll stroller

Misses: train table

Hits so far: his Star Wars micro machines toys which he's been playing non stop with, and junior monopoly.

Haven't really had any misses yet.

Hits:
DS ( 4 years 9 months) his wolverine costume from Santa, he put it straight on yesterday and again this morning and only took it off for bed. And his sewer lair from his sister. I knew they would be.
Dd: ( 18 months) her baby and pushchair from Santa. And her spider girl costume from her brother. She refused to take it off all day. Oh had a right battle trying to get her out of it for her bath. She loved her threading beads too.

No misses as such. The books didn't get much of a chance, but they will have a proper look over the next few days. And clothes and practical bits were over looked. Although, dd did go crazy when she found a new toothbrush in her stocking.

My 8 year olds hits and misses

Hits,
Laptop, Neft Modulus, COD Ghosts giftset, Kerplunk and SkullCandy headphones.

At the minute we dont have any misses but he hasnt even looked at the lego dimensions :/

5 year old hit - transforming batbot, scalextric

Miss - not really a miss but he was totally uninterested in the pyjamas, underwear and stocking bits in general :haha:

3 year old hit - Ben and holly play sets, bike (even though can only sit on it indoors at the mo!) and raptasaurus Buzz light year

Miss - nothing yet , but he woke up with chicken pox on Xmas morning so isn't quite himself and is opening new toys slowly..

Hits - Ninja turtle HQ and various Ninja turtle figures and vehicles (we knew they'd be a hit though he got some for his birthday and for christmas last year and still plays with them almost every day)
Lego sets, wooden racing car track thing, a truck and lots of cars.

Miss - His selection box and other chocolates (he's allergic to chocolate so only eats the white kind, we got him some white chocolate but he hasn't really bothered with it)

Hits - large wooden fire station is an absolute hit.
Peppa pig sets

No misses yet as alot is still boxed. but they have barely looked at the farm they got though and thought that 2ould be a favourite

Leonie what does the switch and go t rex do?? Im embarrassed to say i threw out the box and didnt keep the instructions :dohh: to me its just a big heavy dinosaur that hasnt been looked at apart from 1 minute after it came out of the box lol.

Hits - playmobil suburban house. Walking, barking dog, happyland train set, kitchen set.

No real misses yet but a few things haven't been played with much but probably will do in the coming weeks/months

Hits for ds: his Disney infinity 3.0 he spent most of Christmas day online with his school friends playing it. And also his 10 inch Samsung tablet hasn't been put down. That boy can multi task. He's thrilled to bits with almost everything this far
No misses for him yet really although he's not had a chance to even unboxed most things. In previous years he's shunned the pj's and clothes but this year he seemed to really appreciate them as a lot of them are mine craft inspired. His dad is most impressed lol he hates character clothes

Hits with dd: adores her crawling and walking baby annabel and wooden dolls house. She loved the game bunny goes hop and her new scooter. Oh and her magic doodle by crayola is brilliant, shes had that out every time i put it back away. Again no real misses so far but then she hasn't opened everything out of boxes yet. Some friends and family brought her some crafty bits which is kinda poop as she already has so much from her birthday and although the idea of it appeals to her, 2 minutes in she is bored and wants to do something else so we may put those away for when she is older. She is very excited to listen to some Julia MacDonaldson stories at bed time on her new cd player

I think everything was a hit, but he was so overwhelmed (3 yo) that his attention gradually shifts as he 'discovers' the other toys. He didn't properly play with everything yet, and some of the toys we got him we do need to sit and play with him (like some lego, so he doesn't lose em all xD).

We actually let him either pick out some of his presents himself, or let him see them/play with them beforehand to see if he has any interest. He isn't difficult to please though!

Leonie what does the switch and go t rex do?? Im embarrassed to say i threw out the box and didnt keep the instructions :dohh: to me its just a big heavy dinosaur that hasnt been looked at apart from 1 minute after it came out of the box lol.

Is it switched on. if you get it into the t-rex form shout HELLO T-REX
then you tell it specific commands and it reacts it actually moves too.

these are the commands, they all make him do something different but you have to say hello t-rex each time, or theres a red button which he will tell you what to say ...

GO FORWARD
GO BACK
ROAR WITH ME
FIRE THE DRILL
GO WILD
SNACK TIME
TALK TO ME
MAKE ME LAUGH
CHANGE YOUR VOICE
YOUR NOT SO TOUGH
GO TO SLEEP
TEACH ME SOMETHING

truck mode commands are ...
GO FORWARD
GO BACK
START YOUR ENGINE
FIRE THE DRILL
TURN ON THE LIGHTS
LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE
TALK TO ME
LET'S RACE
SOUND THE ALARM
WRECKING MACHINE
MONSTER TRUCK
IT'S FINISHING TIME

hope this helps this is us using ours so you can see :')
https://www.facebook.com/leonievictoria93/videos/10206493859597591/?pnref=story

Holly seems to like most things she got. Her favourite is the doggy doo game!

Another miss for morgan has been the superhero mashers, think he's a bit put off by how hard they are to fix together!
He's much preferred the mr potato head mashers! much easier fixed together

Hits with both boys are Imaginext Batbot and their hulkbuster toys. Chuffed with this as DS2 doesn't normally play with toys. DS1 hit was his gears gears gears and marble run. No misses as such, Walkie talkies aren't great quality but he likes them. Another big hit was their go karts but need better weather to get back out on them

Hits Paw Patrol, Blade helicopter and Lego.
The box his bean bag was in, played with it all afternoon. Lol! First time the box has been more exciting than the contents.
DH's PS4 has gone down a treat!

Misses the my little pony he kept asking for glad I didn't spend a lot on it £2.50 so not a big deal and clothes but hay I didn't expect him to be thrilled by them. The bean bag!
Me, my books and I don't quite know how to say return them and I know he spent a fortune on them.😢

Hits.. Play kitchen and a penguin race game my sister got last minute.

Misses... DD asked for slippers, doesn't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->