Hits and misses ...

Hits - Toy story toys , she's absolutely obsessed with them!.

Misses - None as of yet but we have been visiting family today so she's not been able to unbox most of her toys

We havent really had any misses they have played with everything so far :)

Hits:
-Lego juniors bat cave, its already been built according to instructions now rebuilt into lots of smaller imaginative 'bat inventions'!
-Minions fart megablaster.. Or 'trump gun' as he calls it... :dohh:
-Playmobil ambulance and doctors bits

Misses:
-Beautiful hand knitted jumper from MIL

Hits - talking iron man, hulk, spiderman , Hulk buster. Superhero mashers and spiderman duplo. Power ranger megazord. And hit for baby is the wooden activity cube and mini maracas.

Misses - robo turtles (I knew they would be) nothing else so far

I'm quite impressed so far, most things are out of boxes and have been played with and enjoyed! Not much left to open now and no obvious misses!

Hits:

From his stocking- spider man torch, cup with trains print, chocolate, temporary tattoos, Lush Fun and his bath bomb.

Under the tree- his bike (I won it in a raffle or wouldn't have had it). Didn't think he'd be ready for it but he adores it. His Lego set, he adores it. His wooden play space station, he has not stopped playing with it! He loved the three books he got too.

Misses: Not so much misses but the things he didn't love quite as much were his wand and his toolkit. The latter I bought ages ago and is maybe a bit too childish now. He also didn't really look at the art stuff I bought him, but he got so much of it for his birthday which I didn't anticipate when I bought it.

Misses:
-Beautiful hand knitted jumper from MIL

For Rory's birthday my sister brought him back the most stunning traditional Nepalese outfit she picked up travelling and he actually cried with disappointment :blush::dohh:

For 4 yr old:

Hits - all Lego, some little switch and go dinos, mr potato head mashers, imaginex bat cave

Misses: nothing everything is being appreciated slowly

For nearly 2 yr old:

Hits - electric ride on car, toot toot animals and mega sketcher

Misses - big hugs elmo, he's scared of it!

Hits: Imaginext Supernova Battle rover, Marble Run, Robot, remote control glowing centipede

Misses:All the Paw Patrol toys. They are not nearly as cool the other toys, apparently

Attachments

• marble run.jpg
    marble run.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
For 4 yr old:

Hits - all Lego, some little switch and go dinos, mr potato head mashers, imaginex bat cave

Misses: nothing everything is being appreciated slowly

For nearly 2 yr old:

Hits - electric ride on car, toot toot animals and mega sketcher

Misses - big hugs elmo, he's scared of it!

I think we have the big hug elmo. DD got it for her birthday. That thing creeps me out.

Think this is the first year I can say we don't really have any misses at all!

His favorite so far though has been his Q-Ba Maze Marble race and his Hot Wheels Cars that go by themselves and his big truck.

Emily's fav toys are her CD player with a microphone, she's been singing along to nursery rhymes etc the whole time, she loves her lego juniors, new Vtech Innotab games and her dolls house although she doesn't like the furniture that came with it, she only allows her paw patrol figures in it!
Misses have been clothes but I expected that!

My eldest loves her lego and makeup. She has already built her lego frozen castle and halfway through her ariel palace

My 2yr old loves her fisher price disney princess castle and princesses, her doc mcstuffins duplo sets and her duplo ice cream set.

Youngest likes her fisher price handbag best, and also the fisher price castle and doc duplo (constant fights already!)

My mum also bought them all a soft princess doll from the disney store and they all love them too

Tori loves everything but her main present was sylvanian families and she's so happy. Can't say she's not really into something because she loves it all! Surprise has to be her wee fluffy cat she got. It's nothing special but it's goes everywhere!

Alex is a nightmare as we never know what's going to go down well or not.
She doesn't care for her sylvanian families tree house, but ADORES her new 11.5inch laptop.
Much to my surprise she's been paying some time to a Clangers playset.

Ds biggest hit was a disney cars 'mack' transporter with lightning mcqueen inside. His Auntie bought it him, i didnt even know it was coming, and thats played with the most.

His biggest miss is his paw patrol pup pad, which is all he asked for and was so excited when he got 8t, but it is pretty rubbish.

Dd loves her play dough the best, and has been playing with her dolls things alot. Not really any misses with her.

So after a few days properly playing with everything I have to say everything I have bought has been a hit which I'm really chuffed with as I spent ages picking out things I think they'd love/need/use.

Things from family members which haven't been much of a hit -

Peppa pig camera (they don't have a clue how to use it)
Monkey circle stacker set (bit young for them maybe something they'd use at 12 months)
The horses that have a pole (they don't know how to use them)
A toot toot car racing track (might be something he likes a bit later)

My cousin got a paw patrol dog for Lucas for 89p from eBay and it's his absolute favourite. He sleeps with it and takes it in the car

Wow toys have been a massive hit in our house with the two youngest. So pleased I took the gamble and bought mainly from that range for those two.
The eldest, as expected, loves his 2DS.

We haven't any misses really, not that we bought. FiL and his partner brought some random toys round that haven't gone down well but they do it every year, don't ask for suggestions then get upset that the kids don't seem interested in what they've brought xx

Leonie what does the switch and go t rex do?? Im embarrassed to say i threw out the box and didnt keep the instructions :dohh: to me its just a big heavy dinosaur that hasnt been looked at apart from 1 minute after it came out of the box lol.

Is it switched on. if you get it into the t-rex form shout HELLO T-REX
then you tell it specific commands and it reacts it actually moves too.

these are the commands, they all make him do something different but you have to say hello t-rex each time, or theres a red button which he will tell you what to say ...

GO FORWARD
GO BACK
ROAR WITH ME
FIRE THE DRILL
GO WILD
SNACK TIME
TALK TO ME
MAKE ME LAUGH
CHANGE YOUR VOICE
YOUR NOT SO TOUGH
GO TO SLEEP
TEACH ME SOMETHING

truck mode commands are ...
GO FORWARD
GO BACK
START YOUR ENGINE
FIRE THE DRILL
TURN ON THE LIGHTS
LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE
TALK TO ME
LET'S RACE
SOUND THE ALARM
WRECKING MACHINE
MONSTER TRUCK
IT'S FINISHING TIME

hope this helps this is us using ours so you can see :')
https://www.facebook.com/leonievictoria93/videos/10206493859597591/?pnref=story

Do you have any trouble getting T. rex to listen to commands? He won't go forward or backwards for us, just says try again later! It's driving me insane!

Leonie what does the switch and go t rex do?? Im embarrassed to say i threw out the box and didnt keep the instructions :dohh: to me its just a big heavy dinosaur that hasnt been looked at apart from 1 minute after it came out of the box lol.

Is it switched on. if you get it into the t-rex form shout HELLO T-REX
then you tell it specific commands and it reacts it actually moves too.

these are the commands, they all make him do something different but you have to say hello t-rex each time, or theres a red button which he will tell you what to say ...

GO FORWARD
GO BACK
ROAR WITH ME
FIRE THE DRILL
GO WILD
SNACK TIME
TALK TO ME
MAKE ME LAUGH
CHANGE YOUR VOICE
YOUR NOT SO TOUGH
GO TO SLEEP
TEACH ME SOMETHING

truck mode commands are ...
GO FORWARD
GO BACK
START YOUR ENGINE
FIRE THE DRILL
TURN ON THE LIGHTS
LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE
TALK TO ME
LET'S RACE
SOUND THE ALARM
WRECKING MACHINE
MONSTER TRUCK
IT'S FINISHING TIME

hope this helps this is us using ours so you can see :')
https://www.facebook.com/leonievictoria93/videos/10206493859597591/?pnref=story

Do you have any trouble getting T. rex to listen to commands? He won't go forward or backwards for us, just says try again later! It's driving me insane!

I do i think you really have to shout lol. I was thinking stronger batteries? Also some times we ask him to go forward he goes back but i think that has to do with the position of the wheel after being in truck mode? He's very heavy also ds2 cant lift it lol.

What about you leonie?x

sometimes but i think thats a mix of the kids not saying it correct along with background noise. It works better if i say it!

Yes ours sometimes goes forwards/back instead of the other but it's one of those things that i notice and would annoy me but the kids really don't care lol!

My two are actually playing with it at the moment they love it, especially the bit that shoots out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->