Hits herself in the face

P

punk_pig

My LO always rubs her eyes when very tired. Recently she has been keeping herself awake with the vigorous way she does it hitting herself in the eyes and face over and over. She's too old for a swaddle but I end up holding her arms down by her side so that she can go to sleep. Anyone else had this?

Yep, exactly the same. If I hear her in the night i have to dash in and hold her arm down so she doesn't wake herself up!

Yep, exactly the same. If I hear her in the night i have to dash in and hold her arm down so she doesn't wake herself up!

Oh God at least I haven't had to do that yet, she seems to be able to do it gently when she stirs in the night but getting her to sleep in the evenings and any wake-ups in the few hours after that are a nightmare!

She does full on flapping, like she is going to take off! You can hear the slapping on her head through the monitor!
I wonder if it is one of their ways of winding down. Either that or they are just crazy lol!

Yeah well it used to help her get back off, she'd rub her eyes, swish her head back and forth and then tuck her hands up by the top of her head (how she was born) but now it is so much more forcefull!!!

Oh My gosh my DS totally just did that and I legged it upstairs and held his arms down and he went back to sleep!
If I hadn't read your post I probably would have scooped him up and maybe made it worse so thanks!!!
I usually swaddle him up - he's only 5 months but its so so hot tonight, i put him in a little vest and 1tog sleep bag so his manic arms are loose for the night! I've been trying to get him to sleep without his swaddle for a few weeks now but no joy until now. Fingers crossed he'll sleep tonight, I really dont want to swaddle him if I can help it when its so hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->