Hitting the 6 month mark

Rin731

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
So...My DH and I have been NTNP since October...which means April is the 6 month mark, and no :bfp:. I'm super irregular, and have only had 1 period, in January.

DH is up for a promotion, but til then, no insurance...we're both going back to school in the fall (him if he gets the promotion...) and it'll be 2 yrs til we're done.

I'm scared once we get insurance and I get hormone tests done, I'll find out I have to have treatment, which he said we'll discuss if it comes to that (he's alluded to he'd like us to maybe wait for a :baby: til we're done with school, since we'd have a choice on timing...but I'm anxious for one! :blush: ) That or I'm barren and we'd have to adopt :)haha: ) , which also means straightforward planning. He already told me we'd adopt when I told him I'm scared I'm broken and can't give him kids. :hugs:

I guess I like the "letting it happen" aspect of NTNP, and am worried about having to properly TTC and whatnot....

-----------
Is anyone else in the same place or have you hit the 6 month NTNP mark? What did you do?

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's really easy to get worked up about what the tests might say but you really wont know until you talk to a doctor. I have PCOS and have been trying not to do the same thing so I know it is frustrating. It's great that your DH is so supportive. Just try and take it one day at a time and enjoy the BDing until you have some answers from your doctor.

when i hit the 7 year mark of NTNP i decided to finally go and get checked out. i had regular periods and they were really heavy and paiinful. i had bloodtests done and a hsg which showed hormone levels were fine and my tubes were open so that wasnt causing a problem. then i had a operation and they discovered that i had endometriosis and my ovaries were stuck to the side of my womb etc, i also had PCOS. they did as much work as they could while i was under! i broke up with my then partner 4 weeks after my op and met my current partner, i was pregnant 5 months later much to my surprise! its an amazing feeling seeing those 2 blue lines and one thats defo worth waiting for! you will get what you want one day if you want it enough. i also believe that things happen for a reason, i think that god was waiting for me to meet my partner and then he gave me a child :) i cant wait to start TTC for number 2! good luck x

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's really easy to get worked up about what the tests might say but you really wont know until you talk to a doctor. I have PCOS and have been trying not to do the same thing so I know it is frustrating. It's great that your DH is so supportive. Just try and take it one day at a time and enjoy the BDing until you have some answers from your doctor.

Will do, thanks. Just felt a little helpless for a bit. :) :hugs:

when i hit the 7 year mark of NTNP i decided to finally go and get checked out. i had regular periods and they were really heavy and paiinful. i had bloodtests done and a hsg which showed hormone levels were fine and my tubes were open so that wasnt causing a problem. then i had a operation and they discovered that i had endometriosis and my ovaries were stuck to the side of my womb etc, i also had PCOS. they did as much work as they could while i was under! i broke up with my then partner 4 weeks after my op and met my current partner, i was pregnant 5 months later much to my surprise! its an amazing feeling seeing those 2 blue lines and one thats defo worth waiting for! you will get what you want one day if you want it enough. i also believe that things happen for a reason, i think that god was waiting for me to meet my partner and then he gave me a child :) i cant wait to start TTC for number 2! good luck x

Thanks. I'm starting to feel more at peace about it all...it was just so much stress that I was unnecessarily putting on myself. So we'll see if less stress changes anything. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->