Hitting

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Hi girls just need some advice I am going out of my mind, Okay Declan has a 13 month old cousin and the problem is he keeps hitting Dec!!! I am not to sure how to approach the situation I have took Dec away from him and I have told him hitting is naughty but he thinks it is funny and laughs, I know he is only a baby but a 13 (nearly14) month old should understand NO. He will hit Dec until he gets a reaction, if he hits him and Dec does nothing he will slap harder and harder until he cries!!!!:hissy: Like I said I know he is only a baby but Dec is younger, at first I thought he was just frustrated because Dec can crawl and move (he cant yet) but the more I watch him the more I think he is just trying to get him to cry!!!! I know sounds silly. His mum (my brothers girlfriend) thinks it is cute he is standing up for himself !!!! WTF
I need advice on what to do I have spoke to the mum and my brother but like I said they think it is cute and just say he is a wee bully (not funny)
Please help me my son he now being left with marks!!!!!:hissy:
I also have to say I dont want to cause any arguments within the family.

At that age they dont really listen well my daughter never did and still doesnt :dohh: she will do it until i get angry and see how much she can wind me up..

What i would do is pick him up and take him out of the room and say 'thats not nice, no more hitting please' and keep repeating it until he gets the message that if he does hit he will be put out of the room.. ?

Joe done this on Katie until I introduced the naughty step and he hasnt done it since:happydance: but your little nephew is probably too young to understand that. This would make me cross if everyone including his mum, thought that it was cute :grr: Seriously either you have to make a big song and dance about it in front of his mum ie 'NO! That is very naughty' in as strict a voice as you have. If his mum still laughs I would say 'help me out here, I want to teach Dec that its not ok to hit so please tell him off for it'. If she still laughs I'd slap her, see if she finds that funny:lol:

Joe done this on Katie until I introduced the naughty step and he hasnt done it since:happydance: but your little nephew is probably too young to understand that. This would make me cross if everyone including his mum, thought that it was cute :grr: Seriously either you have to make a big song and dance about it in front of his mum ie 'NO! That is very naughty' in as strict a voice as you have. If his mum still laughs I would say 'help me out here, I want to teach Dec that its not ok to hit so please tell him off for it'. If she still laughs I'd slap her, see if she finds that funny:lol:

Your to funny Mamafy :rofl: I know he is still very young but it does annoy me when she laughs, I have on purpose said in her presence that we are teaching Dec right from wrong and now that he is at the age where he tries to smack we say no, but her reply is "he is just a baby all babies do it" I dont want to be to hard on her she just lost her 3 year old daughter 5 months ago and she is 7 weeks pregnant but it is getting hard and believe me when I see my little man getting hit I do want to SLAP her and SLAP HER HARD.:hissy:

:( what happened to her daughter hun?

She had Downs and heart and lung problems not even going to attempt to spell them. She wasnt suppose to live past 2 weeks but she made it to 3 years and 1 month, she was a wee fighter and a wee darling, she is really missed by the whole family.

Just have to show a wee pic of her. This was 2 weeks before she passed
https://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos448/2/30/20/85/12/98/9812852030233_0_ALB.jpg

She had Downs and heart and lung problems not even going to attempt to spell them. She wasnt suppose to live past 2 weeks but she made it to 3 years and 1 month, she was a wee fighter and a wee darling, she is really missed by the whole family.

so sad:cry::hugs:

Just have to show a wee pic of her. This was 2 weeks before she passed
https://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/photos448/2/30/20/85/12/98/9812852030233_0_ALB.jpg

link won't work hunny

You're really up against it because of his mum's behaviour. TBH ok she lost her daughter and that's awful, but your child is being hurt by hers and your children always come first. You need to react immediatly and seriously right from the very first hit, remove him and tell him (at his level) that hitting is not nice and not allowed in your house/presence etc. You need to do this with a very serious expression on your face - he thinks it's a game because he's getting laughs - show him that you are not laughing.
Hope this doesn't sound too harsh.

Have a heart to heart chat with her.Maybe she doesnt take you seriously. Get some tea and biscuits out....

You're really up against it because of his mum's behaviour. TBH ok she lost her daughter and that's awful, but your child is being hurt by hers and your children always come first. You need to react immediatly and seriously right from the very first hit, remove him and tell him (at his level) that hitting is not nice and not allowed in your house/presence etc. You need to do this with a very serious expression on your face - he thinks it's a game because he's getting laughs - show him that you are not laughing.
Hope this doesn't sound too harsh.

I agree. It's sad she lost her daughter, I couldn't imagine loosing a child. But your child comes first to you, and you have to do whatever is in your power to keep your children safe.
I agree with what marley said to do, and if all else fails, if it was my situation I would just tell them that you dont want your son around hers because you are not going to put up wiht him hitting your son and her just laughing about it like she is proud of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->