Hiya! Advice for me!

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
Me and DH are TTC our second, our first was born in water at the hospital, and I really loved the birth, my hospital only has one birthing pool, and part of the reason I want a home-birth is that I won't run the risk of not having the pool! (when I was giving birth in the pool, another mum wanted it...I'd be gutted if that was me!) Also, I don't like that DH had to go home that first night! I really missed him that night and wish he'd have been able to stay so badly. I have loads of family nearby to take my DS when we're in labour, as he's a sensitive boy, and will get stressed out!

Anyway...I've just come in here for your stories on why you chose a home birth and what went well/bad for you! Thanks!

welcome to the board,
I recently had Alister at home, was a planned homebirth but we planned on a MW coming next time i'll get a Independant MW as the NHS couldnt provide me with one when i was in labour and we called an ambulance but they didnt make it in time,
my biggest tip is to make sure to check your hotwater system is capabile of heating the pool or filling with hotwater, we thought ours was and ran out of hot water and as a result he wasnt born in the water as it wasnt warm enough, subsequent labours can go really fast lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->