Hiya - NTNP Wobbles

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm extremely new to all of this, and I'm somewhere in limbo between WTT and NTNP. After getting married last year hubby and I came to the decision that we would WTT until late summer, but when my pill prescription run out last month we decided that I would come off the pill, but still with the view that we would try for a baby late summer. Now that has kind of changed. My OH is very keen to go with the 'if it happens, it happens approach', whereas I'm pretty scared by the thought that we actually stand a chance of conceiving. I know that it is unlikely we would conceive straight away, but a few of my friends have been surprised by how quickly it's happened and at the time wished they delayed trying. Now we have begun the NTNP approach I'm now half regretting it. I would love a baby, but the idea of being pregnant is really, really scary.

Anyone else in this boat?

Welcome NotNic! I was in your same boat last week. I joined this forum and have found lots of support here. DH and I have been married 5 years. I talked to him about TTC in June and he said lets start now. So that has totally freaked me out. I am trying to remember that a few months makes little difference, but yes, every other day I am still scared out of my mind and start thinking about everything I won't be able to do this summer....lol...bike rides, mojitos,...lol. But I realize it's just jitters just like right before I got married. :thumbup:

Hi NotNic I'm extremely new to all of this too & I know exactly what you mean about mixed emotions.... I'm excited but scared. At the mo we're very much NTNP, no charting, no OPKs just baby dancing & using the pull out method until we're ready....

I think my best advice is just try and enjoy the freedom of letting Mother nature taking charge & what will be will be x

Thanks everyone. I think if I let the idea sink in a bit more I'll be okay. Or as hubby keeps joking - it might be too late to worry about it now! Seriously I just think there is a big difference mentally between talking about trying for a baby and ACTUALLY doing it. And GirlBlue you're right in describing it as wedding jitters. I didn't actually cope too well with hubby's proposal, and I spent much of our engagement trying to talk him out of it (while still planning the wedding myself), so it makes sense I would react like this with the thought of being pregnant!

It is normal, honest! I have had 3 planned pregnancy's (2 MMC's and one with DS) and I felt scared each time. I even felt like it at times when pregnant and in the last trimester I was so very scared and kept saying I can not do it. Now look at me, I have a son who I love so much that words can not describe and even though I had a rough pregnancy with health problems and a planned c-section (figuring I was healthy and did things by the book I wanted a home-birth) and less than a year on we are NTNP! Plus, I just know if/when I get a BFP the fear will start all over again and this time I will say I will not be able to cope with 2.

...Seriously I just think there is a big difference mentally between talking about trying for a baby and ACTUALLY doing it...

You have hit the nail on the head so to speak here, there is a huge difference and even when you are desperate for a baby getting a BFP if still scary but honestly it is a normal feeling. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->